Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Thu May 6th, 2010, 10:51 am

Poor Alfred! At least they know what it is and can treat it, hope he's better soon. Fingers crossed for the accident victims too, poor things.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu May 6th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Oh Vanessa! Your poor dog! I hope he and the others come through beautifully.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu May 6th, 2010, 4:51 pm

Alfred is home now complete with bonnet and nappy - not because he is incontinent but due to the blood. It looks like he's been making 'crystals' but usually they've passed through but one of them has grown and not been able to pass through. They haven't found the said crystal but they've flushed his kidneys out and hopefully it's solved the problem. The only trouble is he's not weeing through the proper channel at the moment, but through the incision under his tail. So we mustn't stand behind him. LOL. It will heal up eventually and revert to normal. He may have to go on a special diet, too, so that he doesn't make any more crystals.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu May 6th, 2010, 5:41 pm

Vanessa: Hope poor Alfred has a speedy recovery!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Thu May 6th, 2010, 6:33 pm

Oh bless hope he's feeling better soon. glad he's home though.

My worst thing was looking out of the window into the garden, and seeing half a dozen rats running around, aagh!
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Thu May 6th, 2010, 11:48 pm

[quote=""Vanessa""]Alfred is home now complete with bonnet and nappy - not because he is incontinent but due to the blood. It looks like he's been making 'crystals' but usually they've passed through but one of them has grown and not been able to pass through. They haven't found the said crystal but they've flushed his kidneys out and hopefully it's solved the problem. The only trouble is he's not weeing through the proper channel at the moment, but through the incision under his tail. So we mustn't stand behind him. LOL. It will heal up eventually and revert to normal. He may have to go on a special diet, too, so that he doesn't make any more crystals.[/quote]

Hope he will be much better soon, Vanessa!

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Tue May 11th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Migraines are back. Not too bad yet, but I'd prefer no migraines at all.

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Wed May 12th, 2010, 12:08 am

my allergies turned into sinus infection turned into viral/resp. infection.....all because of pollen, mold...ugh.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Tue May 25th, 2010, 7:11 pm

Didn't expect the storms moving through this morning to be bad and forgot to unplug the boys' computer. My husband is taking it to a shop in town that does free diagnostics to find out how what the damage is. If we have to replace it, there goes buying apple trees.

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Sun May 30th, 2010, 5:51 pm

The Target in our town (where my father works) was the scene of what seems to have been a murder-suicide this morning. My father is OK, but it's creepy because we shop at this Target nearly every day.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Return to “Chat”