Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Tue March 23rd, 2010, 11:35 pm

oh I feel for you, that had to be hard.

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Tue March 23rd, 2010, 11:49 pm

Nona, something will, no question. It's always when you least expect it, and sometimes in the weirdest ways. Maybe it won't even be one of those applications, but because you mentioned to someone that you were looking, and they knew someone who had something and remembered you and... Honestly, a friend of mine down in Texas just had something like that land out of the blue after losing her job just before Xmas.

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Wed March 24th, 2010, 12:19 am

I sure it will but in the mean time I'm watching our savings go out the door to household bills, extra cost in fuel so I can job scout and rising cost of food and not to mention medical bills for his two surgerys still.

You know sometimes I have to hear myself and ask why am I complaining? I saw a couple today who didn't have a car or transportation at that and not even enough money to pay for their fries and 1 drink ( I chipped in a dollar) but they were happy and smiling and nice people. Why am I taking things for granted, not intentionally though.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed March 24th, 2010, 12:54 pm

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]The problem was I hurt my foot in August (or July, if I remember correctly) and it was still bothering me in Oct and for a long time afterwards I'd have pain in it now and then. I was told that sometimes they can't see stress fractures in X-rays, and I may have had one of those.

SM[/quote]

That's absolutely right SM, a friend of mine had a similar situation and it was months before his stress fracture was finally diagnosed - by that time it had got a whole lot worse and he needed surgery. So many doctors missed it originally, eventually it was a physio who picked it up from a scan.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed March 24th, 2010, 8:34 pm

[quote=""nona""]I sure it will but in the mean time I'm watching our savings go out the door to household bills, extra cost in fuel so I can job scout and rising cost of food and not to mention medical bills for his two surgerys still.

You know sometimes I have to hear myself and ask why am I complaining? I saw a couple today who didn't have a car or transportation at that and not even enough money to pay for their fries and 1 drink ( I chipped in a dollar) but they were happy and smiling and nice people. Why am I taking things for granted, not intentionally though.[/quote]

It's not just you, Nona. Common side effect of living in a society of entitlement.

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Wed March 24th, 2010, 8:40 pm

It's just anxiety, Nona. Panic/worry creates tunnel vision. So kudos to you for being aware that others were in worse shape -- and helping despite your own concerns. Sorry, there's prob nothing else I can say that won't sound trite...

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Wed March 24th, 2010, 9:39 pm

[quote=""nona""]it's been four weeks and still I have no job. Unemployment was denied so I have to appeal it but in the mean time I'm trying to just find somekind of part time work and there is none to be had.[/quote]

How can they deny you??? That doesnt seem right.

I hope things turn around for you.

SM here's hopin your foot gets better.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed March 24th, 2010, 11:42 pm

[quote=""Divia""]
SM here's hopin your foot gets better.[/quote]

Uh, thanks, but that happened when I was 16, LOL! I was just telling Love about it because of what happened to her foot.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Thu March 25th, 2010, 3:33 am

test results are in and everything is good so the doctor said I'm depressed.... :confused: .....he then said I needed Prozac..... I said if I could just get a few more hours in a day to do nothing but read I'ld be ok...he didn't like that.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu March 25th, 2010, 9:45 am

Good news that your test results are clear, Nona. I would've thought that reading would be good for you - you can escape into a different world and then forget all your troubles. It's very relaxing.

Have you thought of voluntary work - it sometimes leads to a permanent job?
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Chat”