Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Postby Misfit » Sun November 8th, 2009, 2:12 pm

"diamondlil" wrote:I had a fabulous weekend away, and then, well, then I got home.

It appears that I have yet again had unwelcome visitors in my home. I now have a broken lock on my back security screen, plus a broken window in my son's room

Nothing stolen as far as I can tell, which again, makes me think it is kids, especially seeing as whoever was here had time to sit around and have a couple of drinks out of my fridge and leave the empty containers lying around on my kitchen counter.

Waiting for the police to arrive now because this is now the fourth or fifth incident in the last six months. Have been waiting for a while now.

I am sooo sorry about this. I can't even imagine getting through one incident like this, let alone what you are going through. Hope they catch them.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sun November 8th, 2009, 4:31 pm

Could you get a motion-activated recording of a big scary dog barking?

Lights and sirens would be good too. Maybe a voice that says "Intruder! Freeze!"

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sun November 8th, 2009, 8:04 pm

"diamondlil" wrote:
Waiting for the police to arrive now because this is now the fourth or fifth incident in the last six months. Have been waiting for a while now.

Ok now I know what you meant in the "annoying" thread, this sucks, hope you can get help!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Sun November 8th, 2009, 8:09 pm

Turns out that the police were too busy yesterday. They might be able to come today so it is likely I am going to have to take the day off, but then can't get the locks and windows fixed so that's another day off as well.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Postby Ken » Sun November 8th, 2009, 8:18 pm

"diamondlil" wrote:Turns out that the police were too busy yesterday. They might be able to come today so it is likely I am going to have to take the day off, but then can't get the locks and windows fixed so that's another day off as well.

What's gone wrong these days?? Time was when you called 999 in the UK (don't know what it is in the USA), a 'Bobby' would be round in seconds and would be there to render help. Why is it that this doesn't happen any more??

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Sun November 8th, 2009, 8:19 pm

It's 911 in the US.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Sun November 8th, 2009, 8:22 pm

It's 000 here.

No idea Ken, but there's still a chance that they won't come today. Given that I just started a new job it means that I lose pay for every day off I have to have off.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Mon November 9th, 2009, 12:21 am

Oh, that is so annoying Marg. I hope they catch the culprits and it all gets sorted out.
Hugs.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Mon November 9th, 2009, 6:43 am

With everything that is going on I am starting to feel physically sick. Today the police have been, the locks have been repaired, tomorrow the window gets fixed, but my emergency money has all been used and I don't know how I am going to make it through to pay day.

And I still have to decide whether I am going to say anything to the father of the boy who I 'know' it is. No proof yet that it was him, have to wait to see if there is a match for finger prints but I know it was him.

Edith Wharton

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: Monsoon Summer by Julia Gregson & Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager(Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Mon November 9th, 2009, 8:33 am

Sorry to learn of your troubles, Marg. How very upsetting for you. Hope they catch them.

currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Chat”