Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Where Are You Now?

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
ruth
Scribbler

Post by ruth » Sat October 24th, 2009, 11:08 am

Just emerged from 1820s London, where I was mixing with some very villainous sorts! I was Finished reading The Resurrectionist by James Bradley. Despite hearing some very negative reviews of the this book, I enjoyed it a lot.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Fri October 30th, 2009, 8:19 pm

I'm in Forks, USA, and have just been rescued from an out of control van, by a handsome vampire.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Catherine Delors
Avid Reader

Post by Catherine Delors » Fri October 30th, 2009, 8:47 pm

:eek:

Madeleine, you like to live dangerously!

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Fri October 30th, 2009, 9:57 pm

I'm not sure. I think it might be around 1200 or so at Windsor - I'm just trying to keep on the trail of Lady Moppet! Not so easy. There are problems of synchronisation of our Space-Time continuums and she keeps buzzing back and fore to buy lingerie and other toys for King John!

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Fri October 30th, 2009, 11:39 pm

[quote=""Madeleine""]I'm in Forks, USA, and have just been rescued from an out of control van, by a handsome vampire.[/quote]

Do you plan to read all four?

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Fri October 30th, 2009, 11:52 pm

[quote=""Ken""]I'm not sure. I think it might be around 1200 or so at Windsor - I'm just trying to keep on the trail of Lady Moppet! Not so easy. There are problems of synchronisation of our Space-Time continuums and she keeps buzzing back and fore to buy lingerie and other toys for King John![/quote]

Ken, I am getting worried about your fixation on this lingerie thing... :D :D ;)
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat October 31st, 2009, 12:03 am

[quote=""EC2""]Ken, I am getting worried about your fixation on this lingerie thing... :D :D ;) [/quote]

Heeee, that's two of us. He's just posted in the cat lovers thread so I'm really concerned.

Madeline, how you holding out in a town so out there in timbuktu there isn't even a McDonalds?
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Sharz
Reader

Post by Sharz » Sat October 31st, 2009, 4:08 am

I'm in Holland, 1664, and I've just been hired as maid to clean Vermeer's studio.

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Sat October 31st, 2009, 8:47 am

[quote=""EC2""]Ken, I am getting worried about your fixation on this lingerie thing... :D :D ;) [/quote]

EC. It's just that I must be a chip off the old block, given my obvious family connections to my ggggggggggggggggggggggggggg-great grandad John through Llywelyn and Joanna and we share cerain tastes, eg. lingerie and a fear of cats! :p

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sat October 31st, 2009, 10:52 am

I'm in 1537 with Matthew Shardlake, lawyer to Lord Cromwell. I was 'monkeying' about in Scarnsea, but have had to travel to London to do some more research.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “General Discussion”