Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hi everyone, I'm Cindy

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
CindyInOz
Reader

Hi everyone, I'm Cindy

Post by CindyInOz » Sun October 4th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Hello everyone. I've been reading posts on this site for quite a while now, and thought it was about time I introduced myself and start posting!

My name is Cindy and I live in Perth, Western Australia. I got hooked on historical fiction about 5 years ago when I first read Diana Gabaldon (and fell in love with Jamie...). Since then I've been slowly collecting Jean Plaidy's books, although I don't read much of her anymore.

I'm currently reading Karen Maitland's Company of Liars, although I am finding it a tad slow, so I'm also reading Sam Barone's Empire Rising. Oh, and I've also started An Echo in the Bone. I don't ordinarily have three books on the go, but I just can't decide which one I want to read first!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun October 4th, 2009, 11:50 pm

Hi Cindy, welcome aboard. I just finished Echo. When you're done, join us over at Buddy Reads and let us know what you thought.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Felicia J
Scribbler

Post by Felicia J » Mon October 5th, 2009, 12:57 am

Hello Cindy! I am also a new member. (Waving at you from across the world in Colorado, USA)

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Mon October 5th, 2009, 1:09 am

Welcome, Cindy! I'm reading Company of Liars right now too, or listening to it, that is. I get it in clips whenever I'm in the car. When I'm finished, I'm going to pop over to the book of the month thread and see what everyone else's reaction was -- a big part of the fun of this place!

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Mon October 5th, 2009, 1:09 am

Welcome! And may I say you have a beautiful name (Im a Cindy in real life :)

BTW we read Company of Liars last month in our book discussion here. You might stop by after you finish the book (and yeah, it starts slow, but it gets better!) I just started reading her Owl Killers which looks to be good as well, tho more than a bit gorier (is that a word?)

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Mon October 5th, 2009, 1:35 am

Welcome, Cindy! Glad to have you here!
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Mon October 5th, 2009, 2:43 am

Welcome to the forum, Cindy!!!!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

CindyInOz
Reader

Post by CindyInOz » Mon October 5th, 2009, 4:05 am

Wow, thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favourite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Post by Carine » Mon October 5th, 2009, 6:15 am

Hello Cindy, welcome here !

juleswatson
Avid Reader

Post by juleswatson » Mon October 5th, 2009, 7:34 am

Welcome Cindy - I am also from Perth in WA, though I now live in Scotland. Diana G's books were also a great early love of mine, however my connection to Scotland predates her books. She and Marion Zimmer Bradley (Mists of Avalon) are my two writing heroines. I do confess that as Diana's books got longer and I started writing my books I am now behind on the last two of hers. I'll get there soon! If you read tons you'll love it here. Say hello to Perth for me.
Author of Celtic historical fantasy
New book "THE RAVEN QUEEN" out Feb 22 2011: The story of Maeve, the famous warrior queen of Irish mythology.
Out now, "THE SWAN MAIDEN", the ancient tale of Deirdre, the Irish 'Helen of Troy'
http://www.juleswatson.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”