Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Wed September 9th, 2009, 10:10 pm

I get paid on friday and I was supposed to get a large bonus, well guess what it isn't there, we can see our paychecks three days before the deposit. I'm so angry! I was counting on it to buy a few books!! I'm going into a depressed-I-am-not-going-to-work mode. (I know I have to but I'm rebelling inside, take my word for it)

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Tue September 15th, 2009, 5:49 pm

I am probably going to have to cancel my trip to St Croix, thanks to Target pharmacy...

I take a medication containing codeine to help me deal with my migraines. When I fly, I have to have it with me, as being in a plane roughly trebles the odds I will get a very bad migraine. When I called in my last refill at the beginning of the month, they only had about 1/3 of the supply. They provided what they had & I agreed to pick up the balance later. So I call in today to pick it up and they tell me they can't give t hem to me. Why? Because it's my fifth and final refill, and the way the dude entered the transaction, he indicated that I chose to take 1/3 of the quantity. In other words, that 1/3 of the supply was my final refill. I will need a new prescription to get the balance. My neurologist is away for the Jewish holidays and his fill in "doesn't believe in painkillers" (he literally told me that pain is character building and he was sure I could control it with meditation...) Doc not back until the end of the month.

So no trip for yours truly.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Tue September 15th, 2009, 6:44 pm

That's such a shame Chatterbox. And your stand-in doctor has obviously never had a migraine, perhaps you would like to give him one and then see how he meditates to overcome the pain!
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue September 15th, 2009, 7:30 pm

CB: That sucks! And what NERVE of that man to tell you that! I've had some horrendous migraines and I know how you feel. *Mega huggles*

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Tue September 15th, 2009, 7:38 pm

I'm thinking a metal baseball to the skull will give him an idea of what is involved. Then make him work on an interm's schedule for a week with the resulting headache... Alas, that would land me in jail (difft kind of headache) instead of a Caribbean island.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue September 15th, 2009, 8:11 pm

Bummer CB. Geez, I don't mind doctors being a little cautious with pain meds but come on.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue September 15th, 2009, 8:13 pm

My dog Jasper doesn't feel well. I have an apt for him at the vet on Thurs. I hope it's nothing major cause I can't afford major, sigh :(

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Tue September 15th, 2009, 9:07 pm

[quote=""Chatterbox""]I am probably going to have to cancel my trip to St Croix, thanks to Target pharmacy...

I take a medication containing codeine to help me deal with my migraines. When I fly, I have to have it with me, as being in a plane roughly trebles the odds I will get a very bad migraine. When I called in my last refill at the beginning of the month, they only had about 1/3 of the supply. They provided what they had & I agreed to pick up the balance later. So I call in today to pick it up and they tell me they can't give t hem to me. Why? Because it's my fifth and final refill, and the way the dude entered the transaction, he indicated that I chose to take 1/3 of the quantity. In other words, that 1/3 of the supply was my final refill. I will need a new prescription to get the balance. My neurologist is away for the Jewish holidays and his fill in "doesn't believe in painkillers" (he literally told me that pain is character building and he was sure I could control it with meditation...) Doc not back until the end of the month.

So no trip for yours truly.[/quote]

That's terrible! I think I would be having a serious talk with the doctor when he returns about his "fill in" for second guessing your medical treatment when he has never even seen you. Seems like he should be following whatever course of treatment your doctor has set for you.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Tue September 15th, 2009, 11:36 pm

[quote=""Tanzanite""]That's terrible! I think I would be having a serious talk with the doctor when he returns about his "fill in" for second guessing your medical treatment when he has never even seen you. Seems like he should be following whatever course of treatment your doctor has set for you.[/quote]

You should definitely put in a complaint Chatter - although that doesn't solve anything now!

In dealing with endometriosis for 15 years, I have met with some pretty silly attitudes from various doctors, but this takes the biscuit.

Hope he accidentally puts his hand in a blender, goes to hospital with his fingers falling off and gets told to meditate.

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Wed September 16th, 2009, 12:15 am

Turns out my doc has a fractured femur... I will take a train up to westchester tomorrow & pick up the Rx from his wife at the station.

It turns out the fill-in once was subpoenaed in some kind of legal issue involving writing prescriptions to an obvious addict, so I guess that explains the attitude. Still, you'd think he would be able to balance patient needs. And if he's filling in for my doc, he could check with him. (My neurologist is an ex-marine who walked around on his fractured femur for weeks in pain -- but he still believes that sometimes pain meds are what is needed.)

So I think this is getting sorted, though with a surreal amount of hassle.

Return to “Chat”