Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pets, Pets, Whose Got Pets?!

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Fri September 12th, 2008, 3:44 am

Hi Ellie, I see you found us! My, your menagerie outnumbers mine!

Ellie
Reader

Post by Ellie » Fri September 12th, 2008, 4:16 am

Hi all!

Well we do live on a farm, so that helps...

I was finally able to access the old site just and found the link to this site, thanks to those that sent the link to me!

amyb
Reader

Post by amyb » Fri September 12th, 2008, 6:55 pm

We have 1 dog, Lita - toy rat terrier, 2 cats: Kille, Hendrix and Stone, 1 rabbit, Vedder (after Eddie), 1 gerbil, Marley (after Bob) and 1 rat, Lecalvier.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri September 12th, 2008, 6:58 pm

[quote=""Ellie""]Hi all!

Well we do live on a farm, so that helps...

I was finally able to access the old site just and found the link to this site, thanks to those that sent the link to me![/quote]

Ellie, glad to see you found us.

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Fri September 12th, 2008, 7:19 pm

My wife and I have 5 cats... Buck, Clementine, Kip, Katie, and Lady Grey and 4 Australian Shepherds.. Rascallion, Chiclet, Reverence, and Strider....Life is good and very busy.....And yes....the Cats live on the second floor...Currently reading struggling with Barbara Erskine's time slip novel "Kingdom of Shadows"

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Fri September 12th, 2008, 8:37 pm

I'd give the book up as a bad job if you're not enjoying it, Chuck. I really like Barbara Erskine as an author and have read most of her books - I have her last two still to read. But each to their own. If I didn't like a book after 100 pages, I'd abandon it (then again, I'm very good at persevering in the hope that it will get better myself!). Life's too short.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri September 12th, 2008, 8:48 pm

[quote=""Vanessa""]I'd give the book up as a bad job if you're not enjoying it, Chuck. I really like Barbara Erskine as an author and have read most of her books - I have her last two still to read. But each to their own. If I didn't like a book after 100 pages, I'd abandon it (then again, I'm very good at persevering in the hope that it will get better myself!). Life's too short.[/quote]

Vanessa's right Chuck, or at least put it aside and pick up something else. I enjoyed it but it's far from Erskine's best, which doesn't help with you're trying out a new genre.

Leyland
Bibliophile

New pet in the fold!

Post by Leyland » Sat September 13th, 2008, 12:58 pm

I was still waiting yesterday to hear from the rescue group about the adoption of a black and tan Cocker named Chelsea, and getting impatient with the lack of followup from them since Tuesday.

So I went online and checked out the available dogs from the breeder I bought Lucy (my 1 1/2 yr old Cocker) from last year. Yay! I bought a sweet 4 1/2 month old black and tan male yesterday evening. I've named him Guinness and he's the most laid back pup I've ever had.

He's even Lucy's half-uncle, but he's a year and two weeks younger than she is. Guinness and Lucy's mother were sired by the same dog named Sir Supertramp (different mothers though). Guinness will keep Lucy company during the work week and espcially during tax season when I basically come home just to sleep!
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sat September 13th, 2008, 4:42 pm

Oh, how lovely, Leyland. Hope Guinness brings you lots of love. What an appropriate name for his colouring! :)
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sat September 13th, 2008, 5:05 pm

We want pictures Leyland!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Return to “Chat”