Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sara Donati

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri May 22nd, 2009, 9:48 pm

I'd be interested in seeing some of those covers Rosina!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

javagirl
Reader

Post by javagirl » Sat August 1st, 2009, 3:48 am

I had just learned of this series a couple weeks ago, by browsing at this forum. Since I prefer audiobooks I searched audible and recordedbooks. At that time I was disappointed that audible only had an abridged version of the 1st book and the unabridged of the 5th.

But just today I've noticed that in the past week they've added the unabridged version of the 1st, 2nd and 4th. Although all the unabridged are 2 credits, they're going on my wish list. :)

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun August 2nd, 2009, 10:46 am

Keep an eye on her blog, because she is regularly updating the status re the audio books.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Ann Callen
Scribbler

Post by Ann Callen » Sun August 2nd, 2009, 1:45 pm

What woman doesn't want more of Nathaniel!!!!

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun August 2nd, 2009, 8:44 pm

I must say I was pretty impressed by Ben in the last book.

Edith Wharton

Ann Callen
Scribbler

Post by Ann Callen » Mon August 3rd, 2009, 12:28 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]I must say I was pretty impressed by Ben in the last book.[/quote]

That is a fact!!!!

javagirl
Reader

Sad ...

Post by javagirl » Thu September 10th, 2009, 3:26 am

Diamondlil kindly pointed out the author's blog, which at the time I proceeded to visit. However, tonight I revisited only to see a somewhat sad message which I'll quote in part:

"The economic downturn and family circumstances being what they are, I find myself in a position I knew might well come some day -- I'm going back on the job market, looking for more traditional employment. This means that I will be putting writing aside for the foreseeable future, and so I've taken down the weblog, for the time being at least."

I wonder if this would have any impact on the release of the 6th book in the series that was slated for Jan 2010 release.

Regardless, I wish her well in being able to return quickly to the writing if that's what she loves and to find something else she enjoys in the meantime.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Thu September 10th, 2009, 7:19 am

That is very sad. Here's hoping that circumstances improve, so that Rosina can get back to writing those wonderful stories again.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Thu September 10th, 2009, 9:43 am

I don't think it is affecting the release of The Endless Forest, but it does mean no more books after that, which is really a shame because I do enjoy both Rosina's blog and her books.

Edith Wharton

drspoon
Scribbler

Post by drspoon » Fri September 11th, 2009, 8:23 pm

I own the entire series and am eagerly awaiting "The Endless Forest." Actually, I like the cover.
Where is human nature so weak as in a bookstore?" - Henry Ward Beecher

Return to “America”