Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Thu July 30th, 2009, 11:40 am

Where are you (approximately?) Madeleine? Our weather forecast said it would be nice today, but we're in the middle of thunderstorms and pouring rain (Nottinghamshire). Dh hung the washing out this morning and the heavens promptly opened.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Thu July 30th, 2009, 3:36 pm

Woke up with one eye swollen shut and hives! (my eye is better but still can't get my contacts in) I'm pretty sure it's my pollen allergies going crazy since there are a lot of different plants and trees here that we didn't have back in Indiana and so I was never exposed to them (until recently I lived in downtown Denver and so didn't have as much pollen to deal with!) I took a double dose of allergy medicine - hopefully that will help! The upside is that I didn't go to work today!

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Fri July 31st, 2009, 11:27 am

I'm in Essex/East London border, EC. The weather did clear up after a while, and the storm didn't materialise (thankfully), although we did have a few downpours which were fairly brief - I left some towels out on the line which got soaked, but they soon dried again.

Tanzanite - I had that thing with my right eye a couple of months ago. I woke up with it swollen shut and it looked like I'd been in a fight, think it was a combination of hay fever and gnat bite underneath my eye. Took an anti-histamine and it gradually went down and opened up again, it looked awful! Hope yours is better soon.

Sweetpotatoboy - agree about the Tube, it was horrendous in that hot summer we had a few years ago, we were glad to get to the office for the aircon!
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Fri July 31st, 2009, 3:16 pm

I think a raccoon got two more of my chickens...maybe 3. I can't find the third one anywhere! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My flock of 11 has been reduced to 5.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Fri July 31st, 2009, 5:04 pm

Divia, hopefully #3 is hiding from the racoons? How awful for you...

My next door neighbor decided to have one of his cats put to sleep. She faced amputation of part of a leg which he couldn't afford to pay for, he told me. I feel horrible for him, but at the same time (in a guilty manner) I also wonder why he lets his cats roam around outdoors so much and isn't willing to care for them as much as he needs to. (The leg got infected because it wasn't properly cleaned and cared for after a prior injury.) Sigh.... Still, very sad. I gave my critters some extra treats this morning; they thought Christmas had come early.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Fri July 31st, 2009, 8:41 pm

Thats sad Chatterbox.

well we found #3 :( We are trying to do our best to keep the rest alive. I hope it works.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sat August 1st, 2009, 1:38 am

Nasty headaches seem to be back.

Sorry about your chickens, Divia.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sat August 1st, 2009, 1:46 am

I just realized that when Comcast comes to replace my DVR with a new on Aug 6th, anything I have on the harddrive of my old one will be gone. Guess I'm going to have to watch everything I have saved over the next week!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Lady Macbeth
Scribbler

Post by Lady Macbeth » Sat August 1st, 2009, 5:35 pm

The worst thing today, again, is the weather. Now I know we Brits are obsessed with it but no wonder this pleasant land is always so flipping green!! :mad:

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sat August 1st, 2009, 5:42 pm

[quote=""Lady Macbeth""]The worst thing today, again, is the weather. Now I know we Brits are obsessed with it but no wonder this pleasant land is always so flipping green!! :mad: [/quote]

Weather forecasters were saying it was going to brighten up for the weekend - but it hasn't. I don't know how our next door neighbour is going on at Balmoral. They had glorious sunshine last Weds while we were drowning in the midlands. Still, lots of cheap burger buns at Aldi on Friday because no one was having a barbie and the supermarket had bought in all the bread! Somehow don't quite think the latter will be going on 'best thing' though! :rolleyes:
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Return to “Chat”