Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What are you reading?

Retired Threads
JaneConsumer
Reader

Post by JaneConsumer » Tue August 26th, 2008, 1:14 am

I just started Lord of the Two Lands by Judith Tarr.

Kailana
Reader

Post by Kailana » Tue August 26th, 2008, 9:32 am

Daughter of York by Anne Easter Smith (finally!)

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue August 26th, 2008, 9:36 am

I really should read that. I have it here, and have done for ages!

Kailana
Reader

Post by Kailana » Tue August 26th, 2008, 9:40 am

I pre-ordered it, so, I have had it forever! I was just waiting for the right moment, I guess... Like finding out she has another book out next year!

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue August 26th, 2008, 9:50 am

Yes, I saw that the other day!

Kailana
Reader

Post by Kailana » Tue August 26th, 2008, 9:51 am

Probably the same place I did! It will depend on how good this book is, of course. Once I get all the names straight I should be good... Her first book was one of my favourite historical fiction books ever, though, so it will be hard to beat that...

lindymc
Reader

Post by lindymc » Tue August 26th, 2008, 11:42 am

[quote=""Kailana""]Probably the same place I did! It will depend on how good this book is, of course. Once I get all the names straight I should be good... Her first book was one of my favourite historical fiction books ever, though, so it will be hard to beat that...[/quote]

A Rose for the Crown (her first book) was one of my favorites too, and maybe because of that, I was expecting too much, and was a bit disappointed with Daughter of York.

ladytess

Post by ladytess » Tue August 26th, 2008, 6:14 pm

An Infamous Army by Georgette Heyer and The Wheel of Fortune by Susan Howatch (rereading this one for about the fifth or sixth time)

Kailana
Reader

Post by Kailana » Wed August 27th, 2008, 3:21 am

[quote=""lindymc""]A Rose for the Crown (her first book) was one of my favorites too, and maybe because of that, I was expecting too much, and was a bit disappointed with Daughter of York.[/quote]

I was just confused! I imagine people have the same problem today, but it takes me a few minutes to get names straight because every generation has the same name! That was my first problem. But, I am worried I am going to be disappointed... At least it is not something I have read anything else about, so there is less expectations on that front.

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Wed August 27th, 2008, 5:14 am

Jean Plaidy, The Shadow of the Pomegranite.
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Return to “Archives”