Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

the old forum is back, but...

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Sun September 7th, 2008, 6:24 pm

I was just curious what was going on at the old forum, not very much I am afraid. I checked out who was online, and there was a whole bunch of Yahoo Slurp Spiders, MSNBot Spiders and Google Spiders. Does anybody know what or who those are?
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Sun September 7th, 2008, 7:58 pm

They're just the feelers automatically sent out by search engines so that new pages on the forum will be indexed and searchable there.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Mon September 8th, 2008, 2:58 am

Well, I've had my membership removed from there, thankfully. I know it wouldn't have hurt anything to remain there, but I am pretty sure they are going to use the existing membership to make it seem like the "new" forum has been around a while when it hasn't. I don't want to be used in that way, but that's just me.

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Mon September 8th, 2008, 3:16 am

Just noticed that Kaliana is a mod there!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Kailana
Reader

Post by Kailana » Mon September 8th, 2008, 3:27 am

[quote=""pat""]Just noticed that Kaliana is a mod there![/quote]

Yeah, as I said in another forum, they did it without asking. I am not sure if I want to stick with it or not yet.

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Mon September 8th, 2008, 3:31 am

[quote=""Kailana""]Yeah, as I said in another forum, they did it without asking. I am not sure if I want to stick with it or not yet.[/quote]

LOL That was nice of them then!

See how it goes.

BTW, I thought we discussed other genres aswell as HF... never mind!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Mon September 8th, 2008, 11:06 am

we do, but I think they want to place the spotlight on that more and less on HF. Well, thats the feeling I get anyway. Maybe I'm wrong.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon September 8th, 2008, 11:47 am

It's kinda dull over there, Kailana seems to be the only one adding anything to it.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Mon September 8th, 2008, 3:05 pm

[quote=""Divia""]we do, but I think they want to place the spotlight on that more and less on HF. Well, thats the feeling I get anyway. Maybe I'm wrong.[/quote]

I got that impression, too, yet I don't understand why they would keep the URL of historical fiction if it's about general fiction. And I agree that we do talk about other fiction, but not to a great extent. I'd say the majority of this forum is focused on historical fiction.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Mon September 8th, 2008, 6:49 pm

agreed! And I like it that we focus on HF. They have so many other places for other genres so I'm glad this place was formed. :) I am going no where.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Return to “General Discussion”