Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Need a place to organize and catalogue your books?

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Fri September 5th, 2008, 10:48 am

I use Librarything. I think it's very handy. I'm still adding books, though.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Fri September 5th, 2008, 12:09 pm

I use LibraryThing too and think it's great. (And it was thanks to me being on there that diamondlil was able to tell about this new forum!)

At one point, I started adding loads of books but stalled after about 200, and then decided to only add books as I read them or as they occurred to me. I would be nice to have all of my books up on there already but it is time-consuming (though more on the tags than the book itself).

But it is a fantastic site - though I don't use it much for the social aspects yet.

JaneConsumer
Reader

Post by JaneConsumer » Fri September 5th, 2008, 8:13 pm

Sorry, I don't think I've been back there for quite some time. If I can remember how to log back in I'll accept the invite

:D :D Nah, we can play here. ;)

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri September 5th, 2008, 8:17 pm

[quote=""JaneConsumer""]Sorry, I don't think I've been back there for quite some time. If I can remember how to log back in I'll accept the invite

:D :D Nah, we can play here. ;) [/quote]

I did log in this morning and didn't see the invite. Sigh...... :p

JaneConsumer
Reader

Post by JaneConsumer » Fri September 5th, 2008, 8:50 pm

I did log in this morning and didn't see the invite. Sigh.....

:D :D

If you'd like to try LT again, send me a PM on this board. We'll get squared away.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Mon September 8th, 2008, 9:51 am

A couple of people have invited me to a new book site called Abonii. I haven't started to really check it out yet, but they seem to like it. I will probably stick with Librarything and VirtualBookshelf on Facebook ..... when I log into either of them! :o
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Fri September 19th, 2008, 9:06 pm

who ever found GoodReads, thank you it's a neat site. I finally started listing my books asuddenly got overwhelmed cause there is so many.

Return to “General Discussion”