Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Wed June 17th, 2009, 10:47 am

After nearly a week of procrastinating and putting off starting my last essay for the semester, I finally knuckled down and started the thing. I ended up powering through just under 1,200 words in about an hour of work. I'm pleased. :)

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Wed June 17th, 2009, 10:49 am

[quote=""Alaric""]After nearly a week of procrastinating and putting off starting my last essay for the semester, I finally knuckled down and started the thing. I ended up powering through just under 1,200 words in about an hour of work. I'm pleased. :) [/quote]

I reckon you were working without realising it while you were procrastinating. Your subconscious was being very busy so that it was all there when it came to getting it down. I'm sure that's how I work a lot of the time... Congrats anyway!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Wed June 17th, 2009, 10:54 am

I spent most of the last week watching Battlestar Galactica. :D

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Wed June 17th, 2009, 10:59 am

[quote=""Alaric""]I spent most of the last week watching Battlestar Galactica. :D [/quote]

Yes, that's what I mean. I leave my PC, go and do something else, come back, and what I want to say has magically turned up without me having consciously thought about it. Battlestar Galactica is good. :)
Les proz e les vassals

Lauryn
Reader

Post by Lauryn » Wed June 17th, 2009, 5:42 pm

I sent my demonstration report in for final submission. Not history, not fiction, nor a particularly interesting document to anyone outside my accreditation process, but a tremendous project done, and a big weight off my shoulders. :o :p

Next stage is the applied experience, which is basically me doing my day job, but telling my tutor all about it on a monthly basis, for 6 months to a year. :rolleyes:
Even the mighty oak was once just a nut that held its ground.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed June 17th, 2009, 8:22 pm

Well well well. Googling some of my old deadbeats today just to see if I can find them and lo and behold - one of my *cough* favorite pals has a My Space page and he spills the beans on what he's doing for a living. I detect a wage garnishment in his immediate future :D :p ;) :) :rolleyes:

PS, this is business debt not consumer. I'm not that mean.
Last edited by Misfit on Wed June 17th, 2009, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Wed June 17th, 2009, 8:52 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]Well well well. Googling some of my old deadbeats today just to see if I can find them and lo and behold - one of my *cough* favorite pals has a My Space page and he spills the beans on what he's doing for a living. I detect a wage garnishment in his immediate future :D :p ;) :) :rolleyes:

PS, this is business debt not consumer. I'm not that mean.[/quote]

Sounds like a candidate for the Darwin Awards - you'd think he'd know to keep his mouth shut!
Les proz e les vassals

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Wed June 17th, 2009, 9:29 pm

or at least keep an eye on his privacy controls!!!

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Wed June 17th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Best thing at this end -- I think I know how to wrap up my NF book, structurally speaking. Now I just need to go and get all the info that I will require to accomplish that feat.

There really is something to the concept of selling a completed work to a publisher in the fiction world...! :D

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu June 18th, 2009, 3:28 pm

My best things aren't really from today, but I wanted to share anyway.

We finally got rid of the sliding glass doors and replaced them with a regular door and storm door. Fewer mosquitos in the house now.

And I've decided one of my more innocent characters gets to live to the next book. I may let another one live as well, provided I can work it into the plot somehow. Eureka! I think I just figured out how to do it. Whew. A little less literary blood on my hands and a great new twist. This forum is so good for me! :D

Return to “Chat”