Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Wed June 10th, 2009, 10:17 pm

my laptop decided to reboot itself overnight, as it does once or twice a month. Alas, this means I had to spend three hours trying to retrieve stray documents that I had lined up. Memo to self: hit save button every time I change something!!!!

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Wed June 10th, 2009, 11:34 pm

Discovering today that the wretched malaise and incessant coughing that I've had is really bronchial pneumonia -- it helps to know -what- it is, but misery having to go through it. So it's back to more pills and an inhaler sort of thing. Grumble. There are days when I wish I could just pack it in for a while...

Trip to the vet discovered that Sophie and Phantom's ears are riddled with mites. Putting ear drops in cats is an exercise in futility.

The kitties, both Mu and the new babies, are getting along somewhat, and being rather subdued. I think they know I am not well. I did discover the two younglings in a happy mushpile earlier, and Mu settled on my shoulder, so at least they're all not trying to kill each other.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed June 10th, 2009, 11:44 pm

Feel better Tely and the poor little catlings! Hope they feel better too!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

kgdblu

Post by kgdblu » Thu June 11th, 2009, 1:57 am

I think the worst thing today was the fatal shooting at the Holocaust Museum in DC.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu June 11th, 2009, 8:24 am

My laptop had a 'moment' this morning, Chatterbox. It didn't start properly and went into repair mode - I hadn't done anything different to it the night before when I closed it down so I don't know what caused it's paddywhackle!!

Hope you and your cats are feeling better, Telynor. Cats are a nightmare with regards to giving them medicine - with one of mine I feel like I have to put a suit of armour on: a leather coat and heavy duty gardening gloves, at least!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Thu June 11th, 2009, 9:02 am

Wish you better, Telynor.

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Thu June 11th, 2009, 12:54 pm

Get well soon Telynor! Good luck with the cats as they are impossible to medicate! Loved Vanessa's comment about the amour - lol

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu June 11th, 2009, 9:46 pm

I bent my glasses while at the store today, I don't want to say how cause I already feel dumb about it.

I took it to the eye place which is now just down the way from the store but the person who could fix them wasn't in, so I had to leave them there. I have my previous pair on, so I can just wait to get them on Monday and I can still see "Star Trek" Sat, which I wouldn't be able to do without my glasses.

I don't need them for reading but they sure help with being on the computer, watching TV and of course movies in theatres!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri June 12th, 2009, 3:11 am

Hope you get better soon Telynor!

The five year old is on the rampage again. I think the end of the school year is stressing him out. He's going to a different school next fall after being at the same place for almost three years. I feel bad for him. But I also feel bad for myself, my husband, and the therapists who all get boo-boos out of it.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Fri June 12th, 2009, 10:55 am

[quote=""zsigandr""]Get well soon Telynor! Good luck with the cats as they are impossible to medicate! Loved Vanessa's comment about the amour - lol[/quote]

Dogs are just as bad - my mum once took our beagle to the vet's to get her claws clipped - it took my mum, the vet and a nurse to hold her still between them, and my mum got so badly scratched by those flailing paws that she had to go for a tetanus jab! :eek:

Return to “Chat”