Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Thu May 14th, 2009, 11:52 am

[quote=""Anna Elliott""]Twilight of Avalon was named an editor's choice book by the Historical Novel's Society![/quote]

Hooray!! Congratulations

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu May 14th, 2009, 3:17 pm

That's amazing, Anna! Congrats.

donroc
Compulsive Reader

Post by donroc » Thu May 14th, 2009, 3:39 pm

Wonderful. Congratulations.

Bodo the Apostate, a novel set during the reign of Louis the Pious and end of the Carolingian Empire.

http://www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZthhY6 ... annel_page

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Fri May 15th, 2009, 2:36 pm

Rock on, Anna!!!

me: for the first time all week, I woke up not tired and groggy and ready to do battle with the same 3,000 words I have rewritten every day since Monday. I will conquer them today.

Lauryn
Reader

Post by Lauryn » Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:45 pm

My tutor emerged from the ether to give me some much-needed assistance on my drier-than-dirt demonstration report. So while I have almost no "me-time" for the next 2 weeks, I might meet the final submission deadline. :rolleyes:
Even the mighty oak was once just a nut that held its ground.

Suzanne Crowley
Scribbler

Post by Suzanne Crowley » Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:49 pm

Congratulations!

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Sat May 16th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Congrats Anna!

For me, the best thing today is that I can, for the first time in over 30 years, get up from bed and function without glasses! Laser surgery is amazing. I never thought that I would be able to read or work on the computer with out my specs - so for me, this is the best day in years! :D

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Sat May 16th, 2009, 11:39 pm

That's great, Z!!!!

Me -- met old famiily friends, mother & daughter, in town from Toronto. Marie is moving to NY and apartment hunting in my 'hood, which would be great. Though she is in her 20s still (vs me in my 40s), she's v.v. bright & good fun.

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Sun May 17th, 2009, 4:35 am

I found out yesterday that a piece of art that I entered into a show sold -- I classify as one of those 'ashcan' or 'outsider' artists... But it is good. I'll take any chance to sell some of my work.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun May 17th, 2009, 5:03 am

My son kicked his first goal in a game today! The team didn't win but it was a good personal achievement!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Return to “Chat”