Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

C.W. Gortner's 2008 Reads

What have you read in 2008? Post your list here and update it as you go along! (One thread per member, please.)
cw gortner
Bibliophile

Post by cw gortner » Wed November 5th, 2008, 3:19 am

I hope you like it! I take a very different approach to Juana; some say, controversial. I like to think about it as a more human approach, myself. ;)
THE QUEEN'S VOW available on June 12, 2012!
THE TUDOR SECRET, Book I in the Elizabeth I Spymaster Chronicles
THE CONFESSIONS OF CATHERINE DE MEDICI
THE LAST QUEEN

www.cwgortner.com

Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Thu April 9th, 2009, 11:19 pm

C.W., I just finished The Secret Lion, and WOW! It blew me away! Well done! I loved the intrigue you combined with a well know tale about princess Elizabeth! When is the second book coming out? Or is it out and I just can't find it!
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Fri April 10th, 2009, 10:09 pm

My local library has just purchased "The Last Queen" and I'm looking forward to finally getting a chance to read it :)

cw gortner
Bibliophile

Post by cw gortner » Mon April 13th, 2009, 9:28 pm

[quote=""Spitfire""]C.W., I just finished The Secret Lion, and WOW! It blew me away! Well done! I loved the intrigue you combined with a well know tale about princess Elizabeth! When is the second book coming out? Or is it out and I just can't find it![/quote]

Wow, thanks so much. I'm so glad you liked it! For now, the second book is on hold. My publisher for SECRET LION went kaput and my agent wants to package the series for a larger publisher. I do have the next three books in the series outlined, and a chunk of the second book written, so hopefully we'll rouse some interest when submission time rolls around.
THE LAST QUEEN

www.cwgortner.com

cw gortner
Bibliophile

Post by cw gortner » Mon April 13th, 2009, 9:31 pm

[quote=""annis""]My local library has just purchased "The Last Queen" and I'm looking forward to finally getting a chance to read it :) [/quote]

I hope you enjoy it!
THE LAST QUEEN

www.cwgortner.com

Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Mon April 13th, 2009, 11:20 pm

[quote=""cw gortner""]I do have the next three books in the series outlined, and a chunk of the second book written, so hopefully we'll rouse some interest when submission time rolls around.[/quote]

Thanks! Please keep us posted when that happens!
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

Return to “Member Reading Logs - 2008”