Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Book shopping today ...

Retired Threads
Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Sun March 22nd, 2009, 9:38 pm

[quote=""nona""]I bought Susan Carroll's Dark Queen triology from someone here locally and will pick them up tomorrow after work, not at the top of my wish list but $10 for all three brand new never read I couldn't pass'em up.[/quote]
diamondlil wrote:I really enjoyed that trilogy. I really need to hurry up and read The Huntress, which is connected to the trilogy.

And there is also The Twilight Queen coming out in a few months.

Kasthu
Compulsive Reader

Post by Kasthu » Sun March 22nd, 2009, 10:18 pm

I caved and bought Karen Maitland's new book, The Owl Killers, from the Book Depository, today.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun March 22nd, 2009, 11:52 pm

[quote=""Amanda""]And there is also The Twilight Queen coming out in a few months.[/quote]

Yep! Another reason why I really should read The Huntress.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 12:07 am

well I finished Scarlet Lion tonight and I'm taking a weeks vacation from reading so I'm fresh and detached to read the Twilight Saga when it gets here then I plan on reading Susan Carrolls books.

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 2:33 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]Yep! Another reason why I really should read The Huntress.[/quote]

Gosh...I've only read The Dark Queen and The Courtesan. I've gotta get moving onto The Silver Rose. I think I have The Huntress too.

I love reading series! BUt gee I seem to spread myself a bit thin by getting into too many.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 11:47 am

I know exactly what you mean. I have so many series on the go! I also seem to be starting more than I finish.

I had no intention of buying books today but ended up buying Wanderlust by Ann Aguirre and Once in a Lifetime by Cathy Kelly.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 2:49 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]I know exactly what you mean. I have so many series on the go! I also seem to be starting more than I finish.[/quote]

I make it a rule never to have more than one series on the go. Until I complete a series, I only read standalones. That's the plan at least.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 5:51 pm

[quote=""sweetpotatoboy""]I make it a rule never to have more than one series on the go. Until I complete a series, I only read standalones. That's the plan at least.[/quote]

I tried making a rule - not to start any more book series until I'd caught up with all the ones I have on the go (too many to mention here, lots of historical crime as well as modern crime); however, not surprisingly the rule has been broken countless times! :o :p

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Post by princess garnet » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 6:36 pm

Nicholas Nickleby, one of Dickens's early novels. (It was Educator's Week at Borders)

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 7:44 pm

[quote=""sweetpotatoboy""]I make it a rule never to have more than one series on the go. Until I complete a series, I only read standalones. That's the plan at least.[/quote]

Too late for me I am afraid. I have nearly 100 series where I am either waiting for the next book to come out or where there are books already released that I haven't read yet.

Edith Wharton

Return to “Archives”