Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anyone here on Twitter?

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Anyone here on Twitter?

Post by boswellbaxter » Tue March 3rd, 2009, 3:42 am

I've yet to quite figure out what to do on it, but I have a Twitter account. Anyone else have one?
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Tue March 3rd, 2009, 7:15 am

Yes I have one too, and am in the same boat as you.....not looked at it all that much yet.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue March 3rd, 2009, 8:33 am

I have made a conscious decision not to even look at Twitter, although every now and again I think about it. My reason not to is that I already spend far too much time on forums, blogging and on Facebook, and I am pretty sure that Twitter would be even more of a timesuck.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Tue March 3rd, 2009, 9:15 am

From what I can make out is that it is good if you can access the site at all times, either working on the poot all day or access to the net via phone/blackberry. Therefore, I am not interested!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue March 3rd, 2009, 9:48 am

You can get access via the phone in the US and UK, but we are not quite up to that standard here (at least according to the tech guy on Kerrianne yesterday morning! LOL)
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Tue March 3rd, 2009, 6:10 pm

I have made a conscious decision not to even look at Twitter, although every now and again I think about it. My reason not to is that I already spend far too much time on forums, blogging and on Facebook, and I am pretty sure that Twitter would be even more of a timesuck.
I echo your sentiment exactly, Diamondlil (much to the concern of my publishing house)!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Tue March 3rd, 2009, 8:10 pm

Have no intention of even looking at the moment. I'm in negative time debt at the moment as it is - and I don't like the name either!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

donroc
Compulsive Reader

Post by donroc » Tue March 3rd, 2009, 8:34 pm

An unnecessary fad it seems. Am avoiding it as well.

Bodo the Apostate, a novel set during the reign of Louis the Pious and end of the Carolingian Empire.

http://www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZthhY6 ... annel_page

cw gortner
Bibliophile

Post by cw gortner » Tue March 3rd, 2009, 9:27 pm

A friend recently told me that when she asked her publisher what they were doing to promote her upcoming literary novel, the reply was: "We are sending out a Twitter." She was flummoxed. Her last book was a national bestseller, and she'd never heard of Twitter. When she found out what it was, she called me and basically said, "Are they insane? This is what they consider promotion?"

I haven't even looked at the Twitter site yet. Like EC, I hate the name. But based on the story cited above, I might have to consider it. :(
THE QUEEN'S VOW available on June 12, 2012!
THE TUDOR SECRET, Book I in the Elizabeth I Spymaster Chronicles
THE CONFESSIONS OF CATHERINE DE MEDICI
THE LAST QUEEN

www.cwgortner.com

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Tue March 3rd, 2009, 9:33 pm

[quote=""cw gortner""]A friend recently told me that when she asked her publisher what they were doing to promote her upcoming literary novel, the reply was: "We are sending out a Twitter." She was flummoxed. Her last book was a national bestseller, and she'd never heard of Twitter. When she found out what it was, she called me and basically said, "Are they insane? This is what they consider promotion?"

I haven't even looked at the Twitter site yet. Like EC, I hate the name. But based on the story cited above, I might have to consider it. :( [/quote]

Desperate times CW, desperate times! :(
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Return to “Chat”