Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Harper's Story

Post your pet pictures here!
Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Harper's Story

Post by Rowan » Mon February 23rd, 2009, 7:32 pm

I'm putting this here because this section of the forum is devoted to pets...
Please help Harper now that she is in heaven. Harper was a 6-month-old kitten that was brutally beaten shortly after her adoption. Her adoptive family beat her to death and was discarded in the bathtub, left to suffer and die an agonizing death. How would you feel if this was your pet? How would you feel if this was your family member? Please speak up and show support for Harper since she does not have a voice. Sign this petition so that government and those in charge of prosecuting animal abusers have to do something besides turn a blind eye to this behavior by inhumane savages.

The couple responsible for Harper's death and beating was arrested but charges were later dropped and now this family is eligible to adopt more animals. And they probably will if you allow them to. This is unacceptable and needs to be brought to the public's attention. Animal abuse is too common and needs to stop.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/harperinheaven

MissMarplestein
Reader

Post by MissMarplestein » Mon February 23rd, 2009, 8:02 pm

[quote=""Rowan""]I'm putting this here because this section of the forum is devoted to pets...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/harperinheaven[/quote]

This is just pathetic and breaks my heart. I have two cats who I adore and I just cannot imagine anyone treating any animal in the fashion you described above. How sick. My 'baby girls' are so much a part of our family that I cry when I have to leave them! How someone could adopt an animal and then torture it so is beyond me. Thank you for calling this to our attention.

"I have dreamed thee too long,
never seen thee or touched thee
but known thee with all of my heart.
Half a prayer, half a song,
thou hast always been with me,
though we have been always apart." Man of LaMancha

MissMarplestein

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon February 23rd, 2009, 8:46 pm

I agree this type of abuse is unacceptable. I am curious though, what government entity this petition is going to - or did I miss something? We had a situation in Washington years ago where an animal was grossly abused by teens and they got off scott free and the uproar got some laws changed - now there is serious prison time when convicted of this type of cruelty.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Tue February 24th, 2009, 9:03 am

That's terrible! Poor little thing. Very upsetting.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Wed February 25th, 2009, 10:37 pm

Sorry Misfit I don't know who or what this is going to.

Return to “Pet Pix”