Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Wed February 18th, 2009, 5:18 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]I'm feeling better, but my little girl is sicker. Thought she was on the mend from this darn virus. Taking her to the doctor later this morning. Poor baby. Though actually she's in pretty good form, it's me and my husband who are upset.[/quote]

I wish you and everyone else better. There appears to be a lot of it about at the moment.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu February 19th, 2009, 4:17 pm

Thanks. She is feeling better today. Well enough to be cranky and clingy. But I'm just so relieved that she's keeping food down!

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Thu February 19th, 2009, 5:16 pm

It's been a rough week -- the boiler broke down sometime last thursday, leaving the house near freezing, and me and Mu very cold -- fortunately, J finally got home from Oklahoma on Saturday, and monday the boiler was fixed and we had hot water and heat again. Then on wednesday my glasses broke. Nothing quite like having to balance them on your face in order to see anything... Oh well, at least J is home after three weeks of being away.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Fri February 20th, 2009, 8:43 pm

Not really that bad, just a bit cringe-worthy. On tonight's Weakest Link, one of the questions was:

What language was the Magna Carta written in?

Answer:

wait for it.....

Hebrew!

Christina
Reader

Post by Christina » Fri February 20th, 2009, 11:48 pm

Everyone is losing their jobs - I mean close friends who are being made redundant from careers that seemed assured - and people look so depressed. Gordon Brown and the rest of the government are really such a dead loss and we can't trust any of them....

On the other hand :-) , maybe it's just a time of transition from putting our faith in nonsense, to putting our faith in ourselves and our real reason for being here. My 'redundant' friends now have the time to walk in meadows and look at things that are beautiful, which the stress of work prevented them from seeing before...

Good gracious, though! This country really is 'going to the dogs' thanks to this appalling government and people's ridiculous faith in the people in power! I wish the Queen were in a position to speak out a bit more!

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sat February 21st, 2009, 5:13 am

after a 4 day cruise I'm coming back to a snowstorm. boo.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun February 22nd, 2009, 2:17 am

My left foot is driving me batty, it feels like a vein is popping or jumping in it!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sun February 22nd, 2009, 5:21 am

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]My left foot is driving me batty, it feels like a vein is popping or jumping in it!

SM[/quote]

That's weird. I never heard of that. hmmm. I wonder what it could be.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun February 22nd, 2009, 5:23 am

[quote=""Divia""]That's weird. I never heard of that. hmmm. I wonder what it could be.[/quote]

I've tried to Google it, but nothing is coming up, it's been going on for hours, I hope it dissipates soon!

I've had attacks of RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) in the past and this feels like RFS (Restless Foot Syndrome), which isn't real condition but that's how I describe it!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun February 22nd, 2009, 12:06 pm

My husband and daughter having a battle over homework. It's had me in tears. I think she's going to completely rebel if he carries on as it's in her nature.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Chat”