Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun January 25th, 2009, 11:33 am

Congratulations and well done to everyone! :D
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Julianne Douglas
Avid Reader

Post by Julianne Douglas » Sun January 25th, 2009, 2:39 pm

Pat--how exciting for you! We had the opportunity to see the Tour de France pass by the small town we were living in at the time. We were standing on a overpass, and I'll never forget that blur of riders whizzing beneath us and the deafening hum of so many wheels. It was surreal--especially how you wait so long and then they pass by in a flash!
Julianne Douglas

Writing the Renaissance

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun January 25th, 2009, 7:53 pm

Congrats to all the writers will good news, may it bring you loads of happiness!

This actually started a few days ago. First I rarely use my cell phone, I'm on AT&T GoPhone, I usually put on $25 which allows me to not have to pay anything for 3 months. I did that back in Oct and then forgot to put the next pay date on the calendar. But that should've have been a problem, because over all the years I've been on this service they always send me an email and text messages telling me it's almost time to refill, but this time no email, no text messages.

Well the pay date was Jan 16th and I hadn't used the phone since Jan 6th, so when I went to use it on the 22nd, it said my airtime had expired! I still had around $25 dollars on it!

I called customer service and explained what happened and the guy who was very nice, wrote up a report and the very next day the money was put back on my phone! YEA!

I'm a very happy camper with my service right now!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Mon January 26th, 2009, 11:32 am

Well, I belong to another forum that is based in England, a fansite for a popular tv/radio personality. This forum has a fantastic guy that writes short skits, and they are read out by the radio presenter. Some of the people on the forum have been immortalised in these skits. On Friday I was told it had been my turn. I was on BBC Radio 2, the Terry Wogan show in the Janet and John skit, Mrs Smiff from Australia. My friend Lollie was also in it!

*takes a bow*
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Mon January 26th, 2009, 11:47 am

Do you get to get a copy of the skit?

We had a really good day today. We not only had a fantastic dinner, but we also played some table tennis, and some Singstar, and my son and I got to watch some wrestling - his choice not mine! I took an interest only because he is obsessed with it, but I must confess that these days I find myself slightly interested in the storylines and characters. :o

Oh, and I have confirmed my attendance at the Australian Romance Readers Convention next month! Yay!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Tue January 27th, 2009, 5:09 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]Do you get to get a copy of the skit?

We had a really good day today. We not only had a fantastic dinner, but we also played some table tennis, and some Singstar, and my son and I got to watch some wrestling - his choice not mine! I took an interest only because he is obsessed with it, but I must confess that these days I find myself slightly interested in the storylines and characters. :o

Oh, and I have confirmed my attendance at the Australian Romance Readers Convention next month! Yay![/quote]

edited link as it didnt work!! will look elswhere, hold tight.....

Right, I cant get the lin to work, but if you go to BBC Radio 2, Terry Wogan show, Listen Again on Friday, they are normally after the 8.30 news. Alternatively try the podcast!
Hope it works!
Last edited by pat on Tue January 27th, 2009, 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Fri January 30th, 2009, 4:51 am

Me again! Today I phoned the college to see if I could increase the workload. "Thats funny" she said, "I was about to start ringing round as we have spaces on classes!" I am now in college Monday afternoon, all day Tuesday and all day Wednesday! Woohoo!

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri January 30th, 2009, 5:37 am

Wow! That's great Pat. Amazing how things work out.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Fri January 30th, 2009, 6:13 am

I don't have to leave the house and go out into that furnace for at least 40hrs!

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri January 30th, 2009, 6:41 am

Unfortunately I have to go out in the next hour or so. :mad:

Edith Wharton

Return to “Chat”