Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Maggie's 2009 Reading Log

What have you read in 2009? Post your list here and update it as you go along! (One thread per member, please.)
Maggie
Reader

Maggie's 2009 Reading Log

Post by Maggie » Thu January 1st, 2009, 9:23 am

My list for 2009 is listed below. Not sure I will read them all as, sometimes I get all picky about what I'm gonna read. I'm constantly on the look for new recommendations too.

# Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami. Finished
# Humble Pie - Gordon Ramsey
# Soul on the Street - William Roache.. Finished.
# 1984 - George Orwell.
# The Host - Stephenie Meyer.
# Angels in my Hair - Lorna Bryne
# Contact - Carl Sagan
# Goodnight Mr Tom - Michelle Magorian
# Somewhere in Time - Richard Matheson
# Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
# Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley
# Stone of the tenth realm - Eva Gordon
# Seeking the Green - Tylluan Penry
# Destiny of Souls - Michael Newton
# Argeneau Vampire series - Lynsay sands
# The Others series - Christine Warren
# Yesterdays Children - Jenny Cockell
# The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle
Last edited by Maggie on Sun January 11th, 2009, 8:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Maggie
Reader

Post by Maggie » Sun January 11th, 2009, 8:35 am

I really enjoyed Kafka on the shore, although there were a couple of bits I wasn't keen on. But overall I really enjoyed it.
Loved the character Mr Nakata.

Now reading. The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I have found it a bit hard to get into at first, but now I'm 80 pages in and am beginning to enjoy it.

Maggie
Reader

Post by Maggie » Sun January 11th, 2009, 6:39 pm

OK it's time I faced up to it. I'm just not enjoying The Host right now. I have tried to, but I just don't feel myself there. So have put it down for now and have started to read Contact by Carl Sagan, which so far seems really good.

Maggie
Reader

Post by Maggie » Mon January 19th, 2009, 8:01 am

I gave up on Contact as I was struggling with it. I had to face up to it and put it away. I felt so guilty though. Love the movie but I just couldn't get into the book.

Return to “Member Reading Logs - 2009”