Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Post by princess garnet » Mon December 22nd, 2008, 8:12 pm

All this wind chill!

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Mon December 22nd, 2008, 8:45 pm

My mother-in-law's funeral. Still, it's over and done with now and she is at peace. My youngest brother in law made a lovely speech and pitched it just right. Not too sentimental, and absolutely getting her personality spot on.
There was a moment of hilarity in the proceedings. The vicar was reading out the names of the children and the partners they had brought to their own marriages. He came to my eldest brother in law, Michael, whose wife is called Trice. It's pronounced Treece and is short for Patrice. Except he'd written it down and couldn't read his own writing, and thus announced 'Michael, married twice.' Twice? Boy oh boy, for a moment everyone thought there was a skeleton in the cupboard we hadn't heard about before! Then it dawned....
Last edited by EC2 on Mon December 22nd, 2008, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Mon December 22nd, 2008, 9:06 pm

Oh geez!!!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Tue December 23rd, 2008, 5:06 am

Joel had his 12 month needles today. Poor darling, he is teething (1st molars) and had a rough night last night...now this!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue December 23rd, 2008, 5:07 am

[quote=""Amanda""]Joel had his 12 month needles today. Poor darling, he is teething (1st molars) and had a rough night last night...now this![/quote]

Oh poor kid, just torture him right between his birthday and Christmas why dontcha! ;)

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Tue December 23rd, 2008, 5:07 am

[quote=""EC2""]He came to my eldest brother in law, Michael, whose wife is called Trice. It's pronounced Treece and is short for Patrice. Except he'd written it down and couldn't read his own writing, and thus announced 'Michael, married twice.' Twice? Boy oh boy, for a moment everyone thought there was a skeleton in the cupboard we hadn't heard about before! Then it dawned....[/quote]

Would be very hard not to have a chuckle at that!

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Tue December 23rd, 2008, 5:37 am

[quote=""Amanda""]Joel had his 12 month needles today. Poor darling, he is teething (1st molars) and had a rough night last night...now this![/quote]

OMG!!! Nathan has an almighty cold....at the dentist last Thursday she said his 12 year old molars are on their way (BTW he is only 11!)......my brother always had a cold when he got teeth.....I wonder if......Nah, couldnt be....must just be a bad cold.....Could be what is making it worse though!

I hope Joel is feeling happier for the big day! Santa will still come to him even if he is poorley....We told Nathan he has to be better or he wouldnt get Christmas this year!!! :D :D
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed December 24th, 2008, 1:54 am

I couldn't understand why the good tweezers I ordered on the 11th from Walgreens hadn't shown up yet, and I went to the website and I couldn't find the order listed and the charge was gone from my bank account. I called and talked to a customer service person and found out it was never full processed. I also noticed that the expiration date of my card was wrong and I fixed it. I think that may have been the reason it got messed up, so I reordered, I just won't get it until after Christmas.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Wed December 24th, 2008, 5:00 am

I was told today to start lookin for a job. So nice right before the Holidays, don't ya know. I blame this on the teachers union, because even though I am more qualified then other people for 2 upcoming positions I will not get either job because I dont have seniority. That's BS. :mad:
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed December 24th, 2008, 5:01 am

[quote=""Divia""]I was told today to start lookin for a job. So nice right before the Holidays, don't ya know. I blame this on the teachers union, because even though I am more qualified then other people for 2 upcoming positions I will not get either job because I dont have seniority. That's BS. :mad: [/quote]

Oh Divia that sucks! Freaking economy! :P

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Return to “Chat”