Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat December 13th, 2008, 2:04 am

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]Thanks, it's nice to be thought about! Hope you are doing well as well! I wish they'd call off the cold weather predicted! If we lose power is going to be hellish with the cold. Last time Mom, Harm, Jasper and I were all on my bed in the evenings to try to keep warm together.

SM[/quote]

I am not looking forward to those cold temps next week. I have to get out and have the knee checked and and I am not interested in trying to wheel my walker on ice parking lots. Keeping the fingers crossed. Off to a warm bed and hopefully a good book.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun December 14th, 2008, 7:08 am

Snow and Cold!

It's snowing out, but not as hard as in other places, like Seattle. It might be gone in the morning unless it freezes and can't melt. This coming week is going to be bloody cold and we don't have heat in the house, just room heaters. We have a fireplace and tons of wood but it doesn't really warm the house up much.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Mon December 15th, 2008, 3:03 am

it's 24 degrees outside and sleeting :(

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Mon December 15th, 2008, 4:48 pm

A high today of 21 degrees, ice everywhere, no school and Dr appt......help me keep my sanity.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed December 17th, 2008, 6:04 pm

They cancelled school today because they're worried about the weather, grr!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Wed December 17th, 2008, 10:10 pm

The worst thing today and everyday at the moment......Christmas shopping with a 3 year old who MUST touch everything, hides from Mummy, etc....and a 1 year old (today!...Happy Birthday darling Joel) who is at least strapped in the stroller, but is getting his first molar teeth and is as fed up with shopping as I am!

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Wed December 17th, 2008, 10:16 pm

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]They cancelled school today because they're worried about the weather, grr![/quote]

My daughter is flying out of Seattle Thursday and has warned me to expect a delay because of the snow. According to the weather report, 3 inches of snow is expected, which is not a lot to us in the northeast US, but is quite a bit in Seattle!
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu December 18th, 2008, 12:54 am

[quote=""Susan""]My daughter is flying out of Seattle Thursday and has warned me to expect a delay because of the snow. According to the weather report, 3 inches of snow is expected, which is not a lot to us in the northeast US, but is quite a bit in Seattle![/quote]

Seattle and the areas around it are very gun shy of snow and ice, they don't know how to deal with it and don't like being in it.

There was hardly any snow on the island today, but just the mere thought there might be some bad stuff made them close the schools! I wonder if she'll have classes tomorrow.

I was born in Alaska, I spent my first 4 years there, this weather is nothing compared to what they get there!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu December 18th, 2008, 1:19 am

[quote=""Susan""]My daughter is flying out of Seattle Thursday and has warned me to expect a delay because of the snow. According to the weather report, 3 inches of snow is expected, which is not a lot to us in the northeast US, but is quite a bit in Seattle![/quote]

Well the snow was a non-even today. I'm just "down the hill" from SeaTac and its raining at the moment, although they say it's supposed to cool down again and turn to snow. Our weather here (particularly snow) is most difficult to forecast. The storms come in off the Pacific Ocean and hit the Olympic Mountains and it kind of "divides" them, some goes south and some goes north and some times they meet again on the west side of the mountains in our old convergence zone. You can literally drive through Everett (where much of those meet) and have pouring rain and thunderstorms and by the time you get to Seattle it's sunshine and gorgeous.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu December 18th, 2008, 1:22 am

On the island we're on the water, we have two main streets on either side of our "block" and the water is right next to them. So it can be snowing hard up the hill from us but we can either have a little or none at all.

SM
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Thu December 18th, 2008, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Booksfree Queue

Return to “Chat”