Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Goodie Swap!!!

Retired Threads
Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favourite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Post by Carine » Wed December 3rd, 2008, 6:54 pm

I took mine to the postoffice this afternoon.

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Thu December 4th, 2008, 11:11 pm

The mail just came and boy was I in for a treat! I absolutely love everything!! I got a book called Silver Wattle that's set in Australia, a beautiful handmade crystal book thong, a handmade personalized leather bookmarker, and a gorgeous calender of Australia. I've always been obsessed with going to Australia one day and so I love the calender with all the gorgeous pictures. And the bookmarker is gorgeous!! My old bookmarker was a favorite cat toy and has been missing for a few weeks now. You don't know how many times I lost track of my page because one of them literally pulled it out of my book, lol! I'm sure it's hidden away in some secret "prey" pile stash and was literally planning on buying another one as soon as I found one I liked. Now I don't have too! There was also a handmade card accompanying the gifts. What a wonderful touch!!

Thanks so much to Marg for such a thoughtful and caring package! I've been sick all week and it's been miserable but this definitely brightened my day!!! XXXOOO

Can't wait to hear what everyone else got! :-D

(I hope it was OK to name our "benefactors", lol!)
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Fri December 5th, 2008, 12:05 am

I got soaps & a bookmark today :) Lovin it! I got a ton of goodies!

Thanks Ash!
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Fri December 5th, 2008, 12:39 am

You are more than welcomed! Let me know how you like that book, I'm thinking of it for a few other folk.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Fri December 5th, 2008, 1:03 am

And I forgot to mention my day sucked so this was a welcomed surprise!
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri December 5th, 2008, 1:37 am

My old bookmarker was a favorite cat toy and has been missing for a few weeks now
Is that the kind with ribbons or strings on them? Those always get demolished first in this household :)

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Fri December 5th, 2008, 8:19 am

It was a metal bookmark done in sort of a floral lattice style. It was perfect for little kitty claws to grab onto and fling all over the place!!
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri December 5th, 2008, 8:52 am

[quote=""LCW""]The mail just came and boy was I in for a treat! I absolutely love everything!! I got a book called Silver Wattle that's set in Australia, a beautiful handmade crystal book thong, a handmade personalized leather bookmarker, and a gorgeous calender of Australia. I've always been obsessed with going to Australia one day and so I love the calender with all the gorgeous pictures. And the bookmarker is gorgeous!! My old bookmarker was a favorite cat toy and has been missing for a few weeks now. You don't know how many times I lost track of my page because one of them literally pulled it out of my book, lol! I'm sure it's hidden away in some secret "prey" pile stash and was literally planning on buying another one as soon as I found one I liked. Now I don't have too! There was also a handmade card accompanying the gifts. What a wonderful touch!!

Thanks so much to Marg for such a thoughtful and caring package! I've been sick all week and it's been miserable but this definitely brightened my day!!! XXXOOO

Can't wait to hear what everyone else got! :-D

(I hope it was OK to name our "benefactors", lol!)[/quote]

Wow! that was quick, and I am glad that you liked it!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri December 5th, 2008, 2:55 pm

[quote=""LCW""]It was a metal bookmark done in sort of a floral lattice style. It was perfect for little kitty claws to grab onto and fling all over the place!![/quote]

Metal is good, my paper ones always end up getting chewed and clawed to death :)

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Mon December 8th, 2008, 9:35 am

Many, many thanks to my HFO Santa. A lovely Amazon voucher arrived in the post today -- you can be sure it will be put to very good use!!

Thanks again!

Return to “Archives”