Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wall Mart Shopper Stampede

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Sat November 29th, 2008, 6:24 pm

I really like Target as well. Their stores are always clean and they seem to have a little better quality items than Walmart.
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat November 29th, 2008, 7:03 pm

I'm with the rest of you, I'll pick Target over WalMart anyday and thankfully for me Target is more convenient.

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Sat November 29th, 2008, 7:23 pm

I haven't been to Wal-Mart in years--voluntarily, at least. (We had to go one time to get a flat tire fixed when we were visiting my in-laws.) I don't like the way they treat their workers. Bet if this man's estate seeks workers' compensation death benefits, Wal-Mart will fight it tooth and nail.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sat November 29th, 2008, 9:26 pm

[quote=""LCW""]I really like Target as well. Their stores are always clean and they seem to have a little better quality items than Walmart.[/quote]

They dont have my hairgel at walmart :( I do like the stuff they have in Target better but when money is tight a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Sat November 29th, 2008, 10:15 pm

Poor, poor man and his family. I can't believe he died because he was in the way of shoppers. And I can't imagine the mindset of the shoppers - mass hysteria? Rabid consumerism?

I rarely go into Wal-Mart because it's always really crowded with large families and so many kids seem to running loose everywhere - even late at night. I buy locally grown plants and garden stuff there sometimes and use that entrance instead of the main ones.

I'm feel like I've entered one of those scary fun houses when I roam around Wal-Mart for too long.

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Sun November 30th, 2008, 1:07 am

I can't stand WalMart. I don't like their business practices and the way they treat their employees. Besides, I get panic attacks at their stores -- so much noise and people, that I get very disoriented very quickly. It's not fun.

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Sun November 30th, 2008, 2:17 am

[quote=""Telynor""]I can't stand WalMart. I don't like their business practices and the way they treat their employees. Besides, I get panic attacks at their stores -- so much noise and people, that I get very disoriented very quickly. It's not fun.[/quote]

I won't even go in their parking lot - just being on their property makes my blood pressure go up!

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sun November 30th, 2008, 3:48 am

it's a sad day when people stampede others in the name of 'holiday shopping'. I can't wait to move from the city, it is so fustrating with everyone cramped together, they drive like maniacs! A few days in the country and I feel refreshed untill we're back in town. ugh!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu December 4th, 2008, 7:16 am

The family of the victim has filed a wrongful death suit against Walmart. Good for them!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Return to “Chat”