Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What are you reading?

Retired Threads
eclecticreader10
Scribbler

Post by eclecticreader10 » Tue December 2nd, 2008, 4:42 am

Amanda, I'm curious to hear what you think about Heretic's Daughter. I won't give opinion until you're done.

I'm taking a little break from HF. I embarrassed to admit it, but I'm reading the Twilight series. I enjoyed the first one, the second not so much. I'll probably finish the series because they're there.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue December 2nd, 2008, 9:59 am

Don't be embarrassed! Several of us have read it, and there is even a thread here for the series somewhere!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Tue December 2nd, 2008, 10:12 am

[quote=""TLee""]I am half way through The Love Knot by Elizabeth Chadwick and am truly enjoying it.[/quote]

I ahve just finished it! Really enjoyed it!

I am now reading another episode in The Ladies No1 Detective Agency.
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue December 2nd, 2008, 10:36 am

I am reading A Comfort of Saturdays by Alexander McCall Smith - the latest instalment in the Isabel Dalhousie series.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Wed December 3rd, 2008, 5:36 am

Finally got through Red Square -- another Arkady Renko novel, and have started Julia Gelardi's latest nonfiction, In Triumph's Wake, about three combinations of royal mothers and daughters.

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Wed December 3rd, 2008, 5:38 am

[quote=""Telynor""]Finally got through Red Square -- another Arkady Renko novel, and have started Julia Gelardi's latest nonfiction, In Triumph's Wake, about three combinations of royal mothers and daughters.[/quote]

That one (Gelardi) has been popping up on my Amazon recommendations lately. Interested to know what you think of it.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Wed December 3rd, 2008, 1:41 pm

Triangle by Katharine Weber, about the Triangle Shirtwaist fire of 1911. There is one character who grates (greats?) on my nerves, but if you want to know what happened there, its well worth the read.

Maggie
Reader

Post by Maggie » Wed December 3rd, 2008, 2:36 pm

Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed December 3rd, 2008, 2:40 pm

I'll be starting The Proud Villeins by Valerie Anand tonight.

tsjmom
Reader

Post by tsjmom » Wed December 3rd, 2008, 3:24 pm

Just finished 'Skeletons at the Feast' (highly recommend - see my review under WWII) and starting 'Five Quarters of Orange' by Joanne Harris ('Chocolat' fame).

Return to “Archives”