Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ash, did you meet Sharon?

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Ash, did you meet Sharon?

Post by EC2 » Thu November 20th, 2008, 10:36 am

Ash, did you meet SKP at Poisoned Pen yesterday?
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Thu November 20th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Yes! Sorry, I was so wiped last night when I got home that I didn't post. Not only did I meet Sharon (actually re-meet) but met Diana and Dana as well. It wasn't a reading in the usual sense, but more a discussion of their books and their upcoming projects. I didn't realize that the owner of PP is an author as well, and I really enjoyed the give and take the four women did on their books. They were all very funny . (Diana reminded me very much of a friend of mine, even her voice was the same, and the same sense of humor. I really am going to have to try her books again. ) Most of what Sharon said was what she has posted here - but I was surprised how much she had to sell Devil's Brood to her publisher. I would have loved to have spent another hour or so just listening. Decent crowd, who seemed to be having as much fun as the authors were!

On a side note, I arrived early and so wandered around old town Scottsdale, which I haven't done for a long time. Since it was late afternoon, there weren't many tourists, and I enjoyed window shopping, and stopping to get an ice cream at my favorite shop. All in all a very enjoyable afternoon/evening (esp after the four hour staff meeting previously that day)

edit - btw, I mentioned to a few folk about this site and got some interest. Have you guys ever thought about book marks or cards to hand out at events like this?
Last edited by Ash on Thu November 20th, 2008, 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu November 20th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Ash, very cool and lucky you. Ah, Old Town Scottsdale. Lots of fun and the last place I got to spend a whole afternoon with my mom before she passed away. We loved the jewish deli and their Rueben sandwiches. :)

Return to “Sharon Penman”