Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hello - From an Archaeology Student

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
RLStevenson
Currently reading: The Last of the Mohicans
Interest in HF: Ancient history initially sparked my interest in historical fiction. I've been recreationally studying ancient histories since grade school - this led to my passion for archaeology. So, naturally, I turned to historical fiction. While I don't mind a good historical romance (I love Jane Austin), adventures are my favorite.
Favourite HF book: The Black Arrow: A Tale of the Two Roses
Preferred HF: I love books set in almost all historical time periods, but ancient (before the common era), medieval, and 19th century are my favorites.

Hello - From an Archaeology Student

Post by RLStevenson » Mon March 13th, 2017, 7:59 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm excited to start on this forum. I'm a huge fan of history and am majoring in archaeology at Brown University. I've been to Scotland, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, and all over California for various digs and research. This year I published my first historical fiction book, The King of Kamaahr, about an African king in medieval Europe. I love reading historical fiction as well, especially classic authors like Robert Louis Stevenson and H. Rider Haggard. King Solomon's Mines and The Black Arrow are probably my two favorite books. I'm looking forward to some riveting discussion about history and fiction! :D

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Re: Hello - From an Archaeology Student

Post by Madeleine » Tue March 14th, 2017, 9:59 am

Hi and welcome. Good luck with your book!
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

RLStevenson
Currently reading: The Last of the Mohicans
Interest in HF: Ancient history initially sparked my interest in historical fiction. I've been recreationally studying ancient histories since grade school - this led to my passion for archaeology. So, naturally, I turned to historical fiction. While I don't mind a good historical romance (I love Jane Austin), adventures are my favorite.
Favourite HF book: The Black Arrow: A Tale of the Two Roses
Preferred HF: I love books set in almost all historical time periods, but ancient (before the common era), medieval, and 19th century are my favorites.

Post by RLStevenson » Sat March 18th, 2017, 6:25 pm

Thanks! :)

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat March 18th, 2017, 6:50 pm

HI and welcome aboard.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sat March 18th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Welcome, RL. Since Stephenson is a favorite of yours, have you read Stephenson's Treasure?
You might enjoy it. https://www.amazon.com/Stevensons-Treas ... ederanders

Return to “Introduce Yourself”