Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reading Slumps

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Fri November 14th, 2008, 5:59 pm

know what you mean, I've hit that nasty 'rut' in the road. I've got 27 books here by my night stand all sorts of different subjects and yet nothing seems to grab my attention, Karen Harper, Georgette Heyer, Susan Holloway Scott, Sharon Penman, Morgan Llewlyn, Judith Tarr....the list goes on and yet I can't decide what I want. Maybe there is such a thing as too many choices.

xiaotien
Reader

Post by xiaotien » Sat November 15th, 2008, 12:00 am

i have to admit, i've been in a huge reading slump. =(
i think i've read 1/3 if not less of the amount of books
i read last year. it's mainly due to obsessing with agent search,
then revising after selling my debut.

i'm wondering at what point i'll be able to
read more liberally again? maybe after i'm done
working on the debut??
SILVER PHOENIX : Beyond the Kingdom of Xia
greenwillow / harpercollins summer '09

cindypon.com

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat November 15th, 2008, 1:40 am

Bummer Nona. I've had those days myself, actually started at least five and bailed on all of them. Try scrounging through your read books for a tried and true favorite. Worked for me, even if though I realized how much my reading tastes had changed and my tried and true favorite wasn't so favorite any more :p :)

Return to “Chat”