Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Quote button

Technical questions/problems? Ask the admins here.
Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Quote button

Post by Rowan » Tue October 27th, 2015, 10:02 pm

Am I just being stupid or is there no quote button on this new version of things? The button that has a picture of quotes is [ offtopic ][ /offtopic ]. I know that the correct code is [ quote ][ /quote ] but I admit (fully) to being lazy sometimes. :lol: :P :P :P

FredQ
Technical Librarian
Currently reading: The Templars, Two Kings and a Pope
Interest in HF: I like how HF can fill in the gaps where we don't have enough information.
Preferred HF: Everything about the Knights Templars

Re: Quote button

Post by FredQ » Tue October 27th, 2015, 10:35 pm

Hi,

It's not too obvious, but yes: it's this one there:
quote.png
8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed October 28th, 2015, 1:28 am

Rowan wrote:Am I just being stupid or is there no quote button on this new version of things? The button that has a picture of quotes is [ offtopic ][ /offtopic ]. I know that the correct code is [ quote ][ /quote ] but I admit (fully) to being lazy sometimes. :lol: :P :P :P
Funny, I've been using those quotes and they don't say 'offtopic' for me.
Or maybe you use quotes some other way?
Oh, I see--it's when you are actually in the composition frame. I always pick what I want to quote by choosing the little quotations when I'm on the post I'm quoting. The limitation of this is that I can only quote one person at a time. Well, now I know how to do it the other way. :P

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Thu October 29th, 2015, 12:20 pm

That's very weird. I wonder why it comes up as offtopic for me.....

FredQ
Technical Librarian
Currently reading: The Templars, Two Kings and a Pope
Interest in HF: I like how HF can fill in the gaps where we don't have enough information.
Preferred HF: Everything about the Knights Templars

Post by FredQ » Thu October 29th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Off Topic
This one is off topic, and it certainly looks like quotes
offtopic.png
If you think it's not going to be used, I could remove it :idea:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Site Help”