Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Technical questions/problems? Ask the admins here.
Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Re: New posts

Post by Lisa » Fri July 17th, 2015, 5:38 pm

FredQ wrote:
Lisa wrote: ETA do we need to have the exact sign-up time in the info below our avatars?
Ok, the sign-up time is now removed from the topic pages ;)
Cool thanks :) is that for all three available styles?

FredQ
Technical Librarian
Currently reading: The Templars, Two Kings and a Pope
Interest in HF: I like how HF can fill in the gaps where we don't have enough information.
Preferred HF: Everything about the Knights Templars

Post by FredQ » Fri July 17th, 2015, 5:41 pm

Lisa wrote:
Cool thanks :) is that for all three available styles?
For all four of them. I've just added another one 8-)

FredQ
Technical Librarian
Interest in HF: I like how HF can fill in the gaps where we don't have enough information.

Post by FredQ » Fri July 17th, 2015, 5:44 pm

MLE (Emily Cotton) wrote:Me too. I like it where I can see it.
I've added the "New posts" link back on the navigation bar :-)

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri July 17th, 2015, 11:37 pm

Question on new posts. In the older format, when I clicked on a thread with new posts, I went to the last comment. Now when I do it on the new site, it takes me to the first post on the first page, despite a thread being several pages long.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Sat July 18th, 2015, 9:29 am

Is there a "mark posts read" button? I thought I saw one the other day, but I don't now. Thanks.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

FredQ
Technical Librarian

Post by FredQ » Sat July 18th, 2015, 11:01 am

Misfit wrote:Question on new posts. In the older format, when I clicked on a thread with new posts, I went to the last comment. Now when I do it on the new site, it takes me to the first post on the first page, despite a thread being several pages long.
Good question :)

If you click on the subject, it will send you to the beginning of the topic. But you have a little icon right before the title that will take you to the first unread post. It's a little page icon on the blue style, or a little arrow on the latte style.

I've attached screenshots:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FredQ
Technical Librarian

Post by FredQ » Sat July 18th, 2015, 12:02 pm

Susan wrote:Is there a "mark posts read" button? I thought I saw one the other day, but I don't now. Thanks.
The mark read links won't appear in any of the search pages. New posts, Unread posts, Active posts, etc. are considered like a search.

The links appear on all the standard forum views:

So
  • If you are on the main page, the links are on the right for the blue style, on the top left for the latte style.
    mark_forums_read_blue.png
    mark_forum_read_latte.png
  • If you are on a sub-forum page, the links are at the same place, but they will only mark all the topics of the current forum read (instead of everything).
    mark_topics_read_blue.png
    mark_topic_read_latte.png
P.S. I'm glad I've tried Evernote to take screenshots and annotate them, it's perfect for the job :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Sun July 26th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Fred you have answered so many questions and fixed things so quickly without question that I thought you might fix some other things in my life :) Thanks for all you are doing, the site works great!

FredQ
Technical Librarian

Post by FredQ » Mon July 27th, 2015, 3:44 pm

Ash wrote:Fred you have answered so many questions and fixed things so quickly without question that I thought you might fix some other things in my life :) Thanks for all you are doing, the site works great!
You're welcome :D

Return to “Site Help”