Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Guidelines and Additions

A listing of books written by members of this forum. Please see instructions below on how to add your book(s) to this listing.
marklord
Scribbler

Post by marklord » Tue June 3rd, 2014, 11:00 am

So can I go in an edit that list myself - I thought I had to post my titles on this thread and then they would at some point be updated on the other thread listing the titles - is that correct.

Sorry if I have misunderstood something.
Editor of Alt Hist, the new magazine of Historical Fiction and Alternate History.

Writer of Historical Fantasy, visit my site for more details.

Latest novels:
Hell has its Demons (Historical Fantasy)
By the Sword's Edge (Volume 1 of a serialized novel - Medieval Action and Adventure)

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Tue June 3rd, 2014, 2:28 pm

Actually, I am the one who didn't check the first post. I suppose that the list needs to be officially updated.

Barcelona
Scribbler

1900 / Barcelona

Post by Barcelona » Mon May 18th, 2015, 8:38 am

Jonathan Coan Daifuku (Barcelona), The Barcelona Journal Murders A tale of crime, mystery and love. Professor C… is a photographer in Barcelona 1906. Will the camera prove mightier than the sword?

fljustice
Bibliophile

Sword of the Gladiatrix

Post by fljustice » Fri May 22nd, 2015, 3:04 pm

First Century/Rome
Sword of the Gladiatrix
Faith L. Justice (fljustice)
Two women forced to fight for their lives and the Romans' pleasure seek to replace lost friendship and love in each other's arms.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Mim
Scribbler
Currently reading: Sapiens, A Brief History of Himankind
Interest in HF: I love history and putting together the facts of historical periods with fictional characters.
Favourite HF book: As A Driven Leaf
Preferred HF: Roman Period

Re: Guidelines and Additions

Post by Mim » Tue April 19th, 2016, 5:31 pm

Miriam Feinberg Vamosh (mim) “The Scroll,” set in first-century A.D. Roman, Judaeo-Christian Palestine, tells of a woman who survived the mass suicide at Masada and her descendants’ struggles against the backdrop of tumultuous Holy Land times. http://bit.ly/1Nt8TqL .

Harald
Scribbler

The Manhattan Novellas

Post by Harald » Sat December 31st, 2016, 5:28 am

early 17th century (North America)
Harald Johnson (Harald) - The Manhattan Series. A novella series about the birth of New York City and the island at its center: Manhattan.

Gordopolis
Reader

Post by Gordopolis » Thu May 25th, 2017, 11:31 am

Late Antiquity military adventures in 'Legionary: Empire of Shades' (Gordon Doherty)

379 AD: Thracia has fallen to the Gothic horde…

With the ashes of Adrianople still swirling in the air, the Eastern Roman Empire is in turmoil. The emperor is dead, the throne lies empty and the remaining fragments of the army are few and scattered. Numerius Vitellius Pavo, now Tribunus of the XI Claudia, tries to hold his patchwork ranks together amidst the storm. One of the few legions to have survived the disaster at Adrianople, the Claudia do what they can to keep alive the dying flame of hope.

When word spreads of a new Eastern Emperor, those hopes rise. But the coming of this leader will stir the Gothic War to new heights. And it will cast Pavo headlong into the sights of the one responsible for the East’s plight – a man mighty and seemingly untouchable, and one who will surely crush any who dares to challenge him.

From the ashes of Adrianople, new heroes will rise… with dark ghosts in close pursuit.

Gordopolis
Reader

Post by Gordopolis » Wed February 12th, 2020, 5:02 pm

The latest from me :)

What hope has one forgotten soldier of bringing an emperor to justice?

Winter, 382 AD. The Gothic War is over. After years of bloodshed, the Eastern Roman Empire and the Goths have struck a deal for peace. Imperial heralds crow about the treaty as if it were a triumph. Feasts and celebrations take place across the Eastern provinces. Every hero of the war is honoured and acclaimed... except one.

Tribunus Pavo languishes in exile, haunted by a dark truth: that it was Gratian, Emperor of the West – the most powerful man alive – who caused the war and manipulated its every turn. Tormented by memories of loved ones lost during the great conflict, one word tolls endlessly through Pavo’s mind: Justice!

But in this great game of empire, justice rarely comes without a grave cost…

Gordopolis
Reader

Post by Gordopolis » Thu May 7th, 2020, 10:50 am

Bronze Age Fiction for the list :)

A tale of far-flung desert adventure set in the distant Bronze Age

Two great empires on the brink of war, one last hope for peace…

1294 BC: The fragile accord between the Hittite and Egyptian empires is crumbling. The ancient world braces itself for war on an unprecedented scale. Prince Hattu, the greatest of the Hittite generals, suffers dreams of terrible consequences – conjured by the Goddess Ishtar. But Hattu refuses to accept her prophecies, adamant that there is one last chance for peace.

This fragile hope lies in the borderlands of the east, where the two rival empires touch. Hattu gathers a chosen band and sets out for this distant, blistering desert land, determined and defiant. Yet the further he ventures, the darker and more twisted his mission becomes. Old ghosts rise around him and Ishtar haunts his every move.

The Goddess' divinations cannot be avoided, men say. Hattu will walk through fire to prove them wrong.

Available now at all good online stores in eBook, paperback and audiobook formats: http://getbook.at/eob2

Gordopolis
Reader

Post by Gordopolis » Thu September 24th, 2020, 2:27 pm

It will be the cruellest war ever waged, and the Gods will gather to watch…

1275 BC: Tensions between the Hittite and Egyptian Empires erupt and the two great superpowers mobilise for all-out war. Horns blare across the Hittite northlands and the dunes of Egypt rumble with the din of drums as each gathers an army of unprecedented size. Both set their eyes upon the border between their domains, and the first and most important target: a desert city whose name will toll through history. Kadesh!

Prince Hattu has lived in torment for years, plagued by the memory of his wife’s murder. Thoughts of her poisoner, Volca the Sherden – for so long safe and distant by Pharaoh Ramesses’ side – have sullied his dreams, blackened his waking hours and driven him to commit the darkest of deeds. Now that war is here, he at last has the chance to confront his nemesis and have his vengeance.

But as the ancient world goes to war, Hattu will learn that the cold, sweet kiss of revenge comes at a terrible price.

Grab a copy here: http://getbook.at/eob3 :)

Return to “Books by Historical Fiction Online Members”