Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sisters In Crime Blog Hop

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
lauragill
Avid Reader

Sisters In Crime Blog Hop

Post by lauragill » Mon September 29th, 2014, 9:03 pm

I need help!

I was recently tagged to do a Sisters In Crime blog hop, and though I tagged someone else on this forum, she wasn't able to help. :(

I'm not a crime writer, but neither is the person who tagged me. I'm not a member of Sisters In Crime, but you don't have to be. You do have to be female, be published, and have a blog, though. It's all about networking, which as you can see is something I sorely lack. You'd be helping me out. :o

You just post these questions (and answers) to your blog (if you have one) and tag a female author in turn. Ask their permission first. I'm not publishing my answers till I find a willing victim.

Which authors have inspired you?
Which male authors write great women characters? Which female authors write great male characters?
If someone said "Nothing against women writers, but all of my favorite [crime] fiction authors happen to be men," how would you respond?
What's the best part of the writing process for you? What's the most challenging?
Do you listen to music while writing? What's on your playlist?
What books are on your nightstand right now?
If you were to mentor a new writer, what would you tell her about the writing business?

Thanks,
Laura

Return to “Author Announcements”