Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Mon November 10th, 2008, 11:30 am

Hi Aessea and welcome, have lots of fun on here.

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Mon November 10th, 2008, 1:51 pm

[quote=""Bellwether""]My daughter bought two or three of the Dear Canada books several years ago while we were in Toronto. She didn't like them as much as the Dear America versions, but said she enjoyed reading references to American history from a different perspective. She said one of the stories was about a girl who would be considered a traitor from our perspective but is a Canadian heroine.[/quote]

One of the most eye opening experience for me was visiting the Ottawa museums for their take on what we call the French and Indian Wars (they call the seven year war). I knew Canadians were involved, but I had no idea at how different their experience was. That series would be very intersting to use in American History classes.

Laura
Reader

Post by Laura » Mon November 10th, 2008, 3:01 pm

Welcome Aesssea, I hope you start to enjoy HF as we do. Once you start, it hard to leave these books, believe me.

aessea1001
Scribbler

Post by aessea1001 » Mon November 10th, 2008, 8:46 pm

[quote=""Laura""]Welcome Aesssea, I hope you start to enjoy HF as we do. Once you start, it hard to leave these books, believe me.[/quote]

Thanks for the warm welcomes, Laura and others! :) Laura, in response to your comment (please see above)--I am SOO hooked on HF, it's not even funny! ;) So much so in fact I'm planning on getting another bookshelf for my constantly growing collection.

Return to “Young Adult Historical Fiction”