Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Medieval Reference & Book Site

Got a link of interest to your fellow members? Post it here!
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Medieval Reference & Book Site

Post by Misfit » Fri November 7th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Laura found this link and asked me to post it here. It looks like there's some nice reference/resources there.

PS, Laura how to do this. Copy the URL of the site you have, then highlight the word where you want the link to be, click on the Insert Link Button above in the center of the second field, a box pops up and paste the URL there. Took me forever to figure that one out and I only learned how to do a picture yesterday :)

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Fri November 7th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Misfit- if you've worked out ow to insert an image, I'd be grateful if you could explain how you did it. I haven't had any luck. I have tried inserting images using my Flickr URL via the insert image icon at the top of the posting box with no success :(

Didn't Steven T use to post on this forum at one stage? Maybe he lost us!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri November 7th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Annis I don't recall a Steven T but something very similar. Maybe DL can help us. As for a pic I think it was Vanessa who helped me (thanks!!). Say like you want to post a google image. Hold the mouse over the picture, right click and chose properties. You'll see the URL there. Copy that, come back here and click on the insert image option (above) and past the URL there.

As for other pics like pet pics, I haven't advanced to that yet. I'm working on it though. :o :)

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Fri November 7th, 2008, 11:50 pm

Cheers, Misfit. I'm using a Mac with a mouse that doesn't have left or right click options so I'm not sure if it will work. I'll give it a go, though!

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat November 8th, 2008, 1:03 am

I've put a post in the Site Help question that will hopefully...well... help!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat November 8th, 2008, 1:13 am

Thanks DL. Annis, can't imagine a mouse without a right or left click option but you put me in mind of the havoc created at work when anyone besides me gets on my PC. I'm both handed and a few years ago I fractured an elbow and had to switch to the left handed mouse option, and I never went back. It drives them nuts when they try to right click on my mouse, it does not produce the options they're looking for. :D :D :D

Laura
Reader

Post by Laura » Fri November 14th, 2008, 4:32 pm

Thanks for the tip Misfit, I will try next time.

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favourite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Post by Carine » Mon November 17th, 2008, 7:33 am

[quote=""Misfit""]Annis I don't recall a Steven T but something very similar. Maybe DL can help us. As for a pic I think it was Vanessa who helped me (thanks!!). [/quote]

That was me Misfit :)

And I do recall a Steven T posting on the old forum.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Mon November 17th, 2008, 11:57 am

Yes Steven Till used to post - he is still blogging at his site which can be found here
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Return to “Links”