Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dejavu book covers

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed November 6th, 2013, 12:12 am

[quote=""Nefret""]Which king are they trying to save? My guess... one of the Stuarts.[/quote]

The Georges - III I think. I have this.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Wed November 6th, 2013, 1:06 am

[quote=""Misfit""]The Georges - III I think. I have this.[/quote]

Yup, George III. The novel is about Queen Charlotte. I really enjoyed it.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Wed November 6th, 2013, 2:17 am

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]Yup, George III. The novel is about Queen Charlotte. I really enjoyed it.[/quote]

I liked it also! It made me want to watch the file The Madness of King George again, which I did. There is a great scene in the film where George is put in a straight jacket and strapped into a chair as part of his treatment. The music playing, ironically, is one of Handel's Coronation Anthems (played at every coronation since that of George I), Zadok the Priest and the viewer is supposed to think of the coronation chair. You'd all know it if you heard it. I LOVE singing this anthem with a choir! Here's a performance of it with authentic instruments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kucFS9Gafk

The lyrics are:

Zadok the Priest, and Nathan the Prophet anointed Solomon King.
And all the people rejoic'd, and said:
God save the King! Long live the King!
May the King live for ever,
Amen, Allelujah.
Last edited by Susan on Wed November 6th, 2013, 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Wed November 6th, 2013, 11:50 am

Well I noticed the dress because I was interested in the novel (God Save the King) and went to look it up, and discovered that it's no longer available on Kindle in the UK :(

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed November 6th, 2013, 1:44 pm

[quote=""LadyB""]Well I noticed the dress because I was interested in the novel (God Save the King) and went to look it up, and discovered that it's no longer available on Kindle in the UK :( [/quote]

That's odd, I see it can be had in PB. I think it's self published, but not sure why no Kindle. You might try to email/Twitter and ask why.

Lisa
Bibliophile
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Wed November 6th, 2013, 2:26 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]That's odd, I see it can be had in PB. I think it's self published, but not sure why no Kindle. You might try to email/Twitter and ask why.[/quote]

Yes I think I will - it was definitely available on Kindle before, and I wish I had just bought it when I saw it! Same thing happened with The Adventures of Alienor Audley, and a couple of Norah Lofts books. They were on my wish list to buy eventually, but just became randomly "no longer available" one day.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed November 6th, 2013, 3:42 pm

[quote=""LadyB""]Yes I think I will - it was definitely available on Kindle before, and I wish I had just bought it when I saw it! Same thing happened with The Adventures of Alienor Audley, and a couple of Norah Lofts books. They were on my wish list to buy eventually, but just became randomly "no longer available" one day.[/quote]

Wow, the kindle edition is gone from the .com site as well. Only the dead tree version is available for purchase.

Why would authors do that? Any idea?

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri November 15th, 2013, 10:40 pm

Same model?

Image Image

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Fri November 15th, 2013, 10:57 pm

Dunno. The one on the right is cuter.
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

Lisa
Bibliophile

Post by Lisa » Sat November 16th, 2013, 10:23 am

Looks like the same guy to me.

Return to “General Discussion”