Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game of Thrones Season 3

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Tue May 14th, 2013, 9:41 am

No, I didn't like the Theon bits - I felt so sorry for him, I don't think he deserves that really. He's just a mixed up chappie! Is all that in the books?
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Tue May 14th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Just read that Game of Thrones won the Audience Award at the BAFTAs the other night, yay.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Wed May 15th, 2013, 12:26 am

[quote=""Vanessa""]No, I didn't like the Theon bits - I felt so sorry for him, I don't think he deserves that really. He's just a mixed up chappie! Is all that in the books?[/quote]

He killed multiple people including children and destroyed the home of hundreds of others. He's mixed up like any other killer. So I don't have much pity for him. That being said - all of this takes place outside the book. We only know about the events when we meet a new character in book 4. So I don't know why they continue this; most people are really uncomfortable with it from a humane point of view, as well as a show fan who doesn't get where this is going.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Wed May 15th, 2013, 2:58 am

[quote=""Ash""]He killed multiple people including children and destroyed the home of hundreds of others. He's mixed up like any other killer. So I don't have much pity for him. That being said - all of this takes place outside the book. We only know about the events when we meet a new character in book 4. So I don't know why they continue this; most people are really uncomfortable with it from a humane point of view, as well as a show fan who doesn't get where this is going.[/quote]

I agree and I don't condone what Theon did; but his scenes in the TV show are becoming unbearable to watch and rather than add, they actually detract from the story. I close my eyes in many of his scenes...I mean who wants to watch a sadist destroy another human being? There is so much to cover and I only hope they give no screen time to Theon/Ramsay debacle.

Bec :)

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.

Post by Vanessa » Thu May 16th, 2013, 5:47 pm

No, I don't condone what Theon did but I thought that particular bit was a bit OTT.

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Mon May 20th, 2013, 7:06 am

I just finished watching GOT S3 Episode 8 and was told that there will now be a two week break before the last two episodes are shown....It was a WTF moment and some other choice words.

Is it just Australia or has any other country got a delay?....What a stupid move!

Bec :mad:

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac

Post by Vanessa » Mon May 20th, 2013, 8:57 am

It's on tonight in the UK. I'd have to check about next week's episode and I haven't got a TV listing yet.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Mon May 20th, 2013, 9:09 am

I've just looked ahead at the listings and it's not on in the UK either; I wonder if there's a break in transmission in the US? At least it will give me a chance to catch up, as after tonight I will be 3 episodes behind!
Last edited by Madeleine on Mon May 20th, 2013, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Tue May 21st, 2013, 2:04 am

[quote=""Madeleine""]I've just looked ahead at the listings and it's not on in the UK either; I wonder if there's a break in transmission in the US? At least it will give me a chance to catch up, as after tonight I will be 3 episodes behind![/quote]

It seems as if there is some sort of holiday in the U.S and that is all I know...But why delay for two whole weeks?...But then again the ending is going to be so sad :( ...I just know I am going to cry.

Bec :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Tue May 21st, 2013, 8:33 am

It's a real pain that they've put the break in when there's only 2 more shows to go. I remember the last Monday in May is a holiday in the US (it's a holiday here too, hooray) as I was in Florida once over that weekend and the beaches suddenly got VERY crowded.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”