Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Michelle Moran

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Mon March 4th, 2013, 12:35 am

[quote=""LoveHistory""]I've got a romance novel that has Arthur Tudor as king of England, married to Katherine with six children, and his little brother Edmund alive and spying for him.

I'm not sure how old it is, but I'd say if a publisher like Harlequin will go for that then alternate history has a definite future.[/quote]

Yep! Thanks! You're the best!

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Mon March 4th, 2013, 9:34 am

[quote=""LoveHistory""]I've got a romance novel that has Arthur Tudor as king of England, married to Katherine with six children, and his little brother Edmund alive and spying for him.

I'm not sure how old it is, but I'd say if a publisher like Harlequin will go for that then alternate history has a definite future.[/quote]

What's the title? I hope they've shipped little brother Henry off to a monastery where he can't cause any trouble!

I remember seeing this upcoming Tudor alternate history (trilogy!) in a post by Tanzanite a while back. Ballantine is an imprint of Random House and has a lot of books on the shelves here in the UK. So yes, alternate history appears to be getting bigger.

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Sun March 24th, 2013, 2:45 am

[quote=""LadyB""]What's the title? I hope they've shipped little brother Henry off to a monastery where he can't cause any trouble!

I remember seeing this upcoming Tudor alternate history (trilogy!) in a post by Tanzanite a while back. Ballantine is an imprint of Random House and has a lot of books on the shelves here in the UK. So yes, alternate history appears to be getting bigger.[/quote]

Maybe I'm psychic? Who knew!

Alisha Marie Klapheke
Avid Reader

Post by Alisha Marie Klapheke » Thu April 18th, 2013, 1:10 pm

I looked here bc I'm a huge Michelle fan--congrats to you on your marriage! And congrats to Helen on your new book! It's great to hear good news!!!!

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Wed April 24th, 2013, 3:56 am

Thanks Alisha. If all goes well I should have the corrections in May. *fingers crossed*.

And thanks so much Michelle and congrats!

Return to “Chat”