Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Disney buying Star Wars

Helen_Davis

Disney buying Star Wars

Post by Helen_Davis » Wed December 5th, 2012, 4:24 pm

I know this is old, but I was curious to see if there were any other Star Wars fans on here and if so, what are your opinions? I'm afraid Episode VII will be worse than Episode I. I love Disney, but I don't think Disney and Star Wars mix at all.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Wed December 5th, 2012, 8:27 pm

All my geek friends and I think its a good thing.

Lets face it can they get any worse than Jar Jar?

And I heard its gonna be new stuff not the EU canon which I am even more thrilled with. YAY.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Wed December 5th, 2012, 9:07 pm

[quote=""Divia""]All my geek friends and I think its a good thing.

Lets face it can they get any worse than Jar Jar?

And I heard its gonna be new stuff not the EU canon which I am even more thrilled with. YAY.[/quote]

Oh good! :D o you have any links for that?

And I believe Jar Jar has died many a painful death in Star Wars fanfic :D
Last edited by Helen_Davis on Wed December 5th, 2012, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Thu December 6th, 2012, 9:53 am

Original 3 movies were the best, especially A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back - nothing more to say really!

Although it will be interesting to see what Disney decide to do with the saga.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Thu December 6th, 2012, 6:45 pm

[quote=""Madeleine""]Original 3 movies were the best, especially A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back - nothing more to say really!

Although it will be interesting to see what Disney decide to do with the saga.[/quote]

Episode VII must open with Jar Jar being roasted to death on a pitfire by Ewoks!

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Thu December 6th, 2012, 7:49 pm

[quote=""Helen_Davis""]Episode VII must open with Jar Jar being roasted to death on a pitfire by Ewoks![/quote]

Sounds good to me! ;)
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri December 7th, 2012, 2:20 am

I like Star Wars and while I don't think this is best thing that could have happened, it's also not the worst by any stretch. It could end up being very good. Time will tell.

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Mon February 11th, 2013, 4:14 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]I like Star Wars and while I don't think this is best thing that could have happened, it's also not the worst by any stretch. It could end up being very good. Time will tell.[/quote]

As long as Jar Jar dies I'll go see it.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sat February 16th, 2013, 10:07 pm

I must be the only person on the face of the earth who doesn't hate Jar Jar. He was cute. Dopey and largely unnecessary, but cute. I also frequently have arguments with ewok haters.

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Sat February 16th, 2013, 10:52 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]I must be the only person on the face of the earth who doesn't hate Jar Jar. He was cute. Dopey and largely unnecessary, but cute. I also frequently have arguments with ewok haters.[/quote]

Jar Jar must die.

Edited to add; Someone has a YouTube channel pretending to be Jar Jar. I am not kidding.
Last edited by Helen_Davis on Sun February 17th, 2013, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chat”