Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Sun August 26th, 2012, 2:59 am

Going out of town to an interesting and amusing faire workshop. When I got home, the Penman novels had come in the post.
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Mon September 24th, 2012, 11:32 pm

Last night at 9:40 p.m. EST, I completed revisions on "The Ax and the Vase" ... today, I wore my red shoes. Sometimes, you have to wear the red shoes.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Tue September 25th, 2012, 6:39 am

My new recipe turned out well. And my crush also liked it. :D
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Tue September 25th, 2012, 2:38 pm

Congrats to you both, Diane and Nefret! Finishing creative efforts and red shoes. A good day!
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Mon October 1st, 2012, 11:16 pm

Thank you, Faith!

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Wed October 3rd, 2012, 1:58 pm

Today I fit into a shirt that hadn't quite fit right for over a year. Today, it fit perfectly and I could button the sleeves! Hot dog!
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed October 3rd, 2012, 4:02 pm

That's great, Brenna. I'm going to go back to trying to lose weight again. Think I gained some in the hospital (as my son was losing it, seems like it just transferred to me).

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Wed October 3rd, 2012, 6:14 pm

Well, I'm sure hospital food and not getting an opportunity to get out and about just did a number on your body. You'll likely bounce back quickly though!

It's been a real struggle-I've been eating carefully and working out 5 days a week since January and have technically only lost 5 pounds. I have absolutely no idea how that is possible but there is it. Today was very rewarding though-I think a little shopping after work and before a meeting might be in order :-)
Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Wed October 3rd, 2012, 11:55 pm

[quote=""Brenna""]Well, I'm sure hospital food and not getting an opportunity to get out and about just did a number on your body. You'll likely bounce back quickly though!

It's been a real struggle-I've been eating carefully and working out 5 days a week since January and have technically only lost 5 pounds. I have absolutely no idea how that is possible but there is it. Today was very rewarding though-I think a little shopping after work and before a meeting might be in order :-) [/quote]

Brenna, if you're doing any strength training, you gain muscle mass as your body loses fat - and muscle mass is far heavier than fat. You have probably lost more *inches* than you realize, though! Congratulations. :)

Today was good, I accomplished some good stuff - but yesterday I looked up, and saw a rainbow. When I got up to go to the window, I saw that it ended below my feet, at the lamp post outside the window. I saw the end of the rainbow! (Before anyone asks - no, no leprechaun, and no pot of gold - but still a pretty amazing piece of beauty and bit of a blessing, just for what it was.)

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Thu October 4th, 2012, 6:52 pm

[quote=""DianeL""]Brenna, if you're doing any strength training, you gain muscle mass as your body loses fat - and muscle mass is far heavier than fat. You have probably lost more *inches* than you realize, though! Congratulations. :)

Today was good, I accomplished some good stuff - but yesterday I looked up, and saw a rainbow. When I got up to go to the window, I saw that it ended below my feet, at the lamp post outside the window. I saw the end of the rainbow! (Before anyone asks - no, no leprechaun, and no pot of gold - but still a pretty amazing piece of beauty and bit of a blessing, just for what it was.)[/quote]

If I may, I'm pretty sure Sid was sending you her love with that rainbow. Everytime I see a rainbow, I think of my companions who are no longer here but I will see again someday which brings comfort.
Brenna

Return to “Chat”