Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Padfoot

Post your pet pictures here!
Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed May 30th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Yes they can get depressed, especially when mum and dad go on hols! Ours always used to look downcast the minute she saw a suitcase come out, and went reluctantly to our friend who used to look after her, and would be a bit subdued when she came home. We dog-sit now and some of them do seem to get a bit homesick, then pick up once they've settled in, and one of their owners says that her dog is a bit depressed when he comes home - she thinks it's because he gets bored at home, whereas with us he gets taken out for walks quite a lot. So it could be that, especially as you say it's the first time you've left him with anyone, but it's worth getting him checked over, especially with the recent food problem. Hope he's OK.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Thu May 31st, 2012, 2:23 am

Oh poor Padfoot :( ....I do think dogs get depressed and also have anxiety attacks. When we go shopping we now lock Barney on the front veranda as he keeps digging HUGE holes in the yard. He also thinks everyone who is not 'us' is a hooligan, therefore he doesn't take to strangers very well.

If Padfoot doesn't improve then perhaps you should speak to your vet?

Hope Padfoot feels better soon.

Bec :)

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Thu May 31st, 2012, 1:44 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice and insight. Last night was one of the first "cool" nights we have had in a long time around here and Padfoot seemed to be back in true form. Played with his favorite toys, chased his leash, and played in his kiddie pool. He is at doggy daycare today and seems to be having fun. I'm thinking the combination of leaving his "buddy" Half-Pint, us leaving for vacation, and the horrible weather just really zapped him. We will continue to keep an eye on him just in case, but I'm hopeful!
Brenna

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Thu May 31st, 2012, 1:59 pm

Sounds like you could be right Brenna. I love the thought of him in his paddling pool, I'm jealous!

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Fri June 1st, 2012, 12:27 pm

Well since you asked..... (these were taken last summer)

The first one is him barking at Ben for causing waves in his pool; the second one contemplating putting his entire head under the water; the third after getting a nice drink while swimming.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brenna

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Fri June 1st, 2012, 1:01 pm

Thank you for those - he is too cute!

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon September 17th, 2012, 2:27 pm

Padfoot turned two a few weeks past and I couldn't help taking a bunch of pictures. Here are two-one of him passed out waiting for his daddy to get home, the other of him getting tangeld in my knitting. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brenna

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon September 17th, 2012, 2:30 pm

He looks verra happy ;)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac

Post by Madeleine » Mon September 17th, 2012, 7:42 pm

He obviously had a few celebrations judging by the way he's sprawled out, he's adorable.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Mon October 1st, 2012, 11:12 pm

Sprawly pup-doggy. Made my day, even though I'm significantly late to this party!
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Return to “Pet Pix”