Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

fearless woman rescues babies from steel trap

Got something of interest to the forum, like giveaways, news, etc.? Post it here!
MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

fearless woman rescues babies from steel trap

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed July 25th, 2012, 7:17 pm

Actually, I was going to post a link of this wonderful little video clip of a friend of a friend getting some bear cubs out of her dumpster. unfortunately, she didn't upload it to youtube of any similar easy-to-find video. So I will just have to link to my facebook page. I made it public (actually, everything on my facebook page is public, if I want privacy I use email) so anyone can watch.
https://www.facebook.com/emily.cotton.526

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favourite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Post by Margaret » Thu July 26th, 2012, 3:12 am

What an incredible video! Thanks for sharing.
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

Mello
Reader

Post by Mello » Sat July 28th, 2012, 3:36 am

The clip was on our news last night. Incredible. The world is indeed a small place.

rockygirl
Avid Reader

Post by rockygirl » Mon July 30th, 2012, 11:30 pm

Really brave with that Mama Bear watching, but how adorable.
Currently reading Cocaine Blues.

Return to “Member Announcements”