Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What audiobooks are you listening to?

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Re: What audiobooks are you listening to?

Post by Ludmilla » Wed July 25th, 2018, 2:13 pm

I haven't listened to a good travel book in a long time, so I picked up Kapka Kassabova's Border: A journey to the Edge of Europe, which is part travelogue, part memoir and historical rumination about the borders and people who have lived along the margins of Bulgaria, Turkey and Greece.

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Re: What audiobooks are you listening to?

Post by Ludmilla » Mon October 22nd, 2018, 3:03 pm

I'm listening to the latest in Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Tales: War of the Wolf.

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Re: What audiobooks are you listening to? New Lymond Chronicles

Post by SGM » Mon October 29th, 2018, 6:07 pm

The new audio Lymond Chronicles are either already available or will be available during November. Many people hated the original narrators of these novels. I didn't, but I did hate the narration of the Niccolo books (much of which reminded me of Janet from Dr Finlay's Casebook back in the day. Nothing wrong with it for Janet but didn't work for me for Nicholas's father). The new narrator (an actual Scot) previously narrated the S J Maclean novels, a point noted in the reviews. Personally, I have given up the Audible subscription and buy from elsewhere which means I only buy books I want rather than rubbish just because I need to use up my credits. I am rarely finding that I have to spend more than I would have to spend on the Audible subscription and the audiobooks come without DRM so I can transfer them far more easily and use better apps to listen to them.
Currently reading - Emergence of a Nation State by Alan Smith

Return to “Audiobooks”