Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dedicated e-readers waste of money?

For discussion about electronic reading devices and related issues (pricing, formatting, accessories, comparisons, etc.)
Sharz
Reader

Post by Sharz » Sat December 7th, 2013, 10:34 pm

Dedicated e-reader a waste of money? Not to me. I'll read a bit here and there on a tablet, but to settle in and read for any length of time, a backlit screen gives me a horrible headache.

DanielAWillis
Reader

Post by DanielAWillis » Sun December 8th, 2013, 4:04 pm

I don't feel the need to have access to the whole word at every minute of the day. I don't even use most of the features on my phone. I got a smartphone for only one reason: to be able to accept credit cards when I am at conferences and wifi is not always available. Other than that, I use it only as a phone (with some texting with my kids). So I feel no need to buy a tablet. It took me years, and the death of my old desktop, to finally break down and get a laptop. I'm just not a techno geek, I guess.

But I do like to read on my commute to/from work. The Kindle is perfect for me. I live in a very small space which is now already completely filled with books. Not room for one more. That was what prompted me to buy the Kindle to begin with. Now I love it, because I can carry around as many books as I want and it weighs no more nor takes up any more space. Also ebooks are usually cheaper than their paper counterparts.
Daniel A. Willis
Author: Chronicle of the Mages series
www.DanielAWillis.com

Return to “E-Readers and E-Book Issues”