Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kindle Fire HD for Mom

For discussion about electronic reading devices and related issues (pricing, formatting, accessories, comparisons, etc.)
SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Kindle Fire HD for Mom

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue November 20th, 2012, 4:04 am

Got one for her, mainly so we can skype and learned that it has Text to Speech books, only a little bit jealous on that, only because I prefer to read my books and not listen to them, no offense to ppl who do that. I'm not that fond of the set up compared to my Kindle Fire.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Mythica
Bibliophile
Preferred HF: European and American (mostly pre-20th century)

Post by Mythica » Tue November 20th, 2012, 9:21 am

Yeah, I was disappointed they dropped TTS from all eInk models. The Kindle Touch had it but the new Paperwhite has no audio, to make it cheaper I guess. I only used TTS on non-fiction but it was really convenient for that.

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Tue November 20th, 2012, 3:14 pm

I've never used it (TTS) but I'm glad my Kindle (Kindle 3) has it. I can imagine scenarios in which it might be helpful.

Return to “E-Readers and E-Book Issues”