Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Amazon announces library lending for Kindle

For discussion about electronic reading devices and related issues (pricing, formatting, accessories, comparisons, etc.)
Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Sat January 25th, 2014, 11:55 pm

Good to know, I have that function here in the UK too but haven't tried using it yet. Will report back if it works (depends on my local library's budget too I guess).

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sun January 26th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Wonder if this will be available outside the US? Overdrive for Kindle isn't, which constantly thwarts readers who want to use our libraries' e-book lending console but only have a Kindle.

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Sun January 26th, 2014, 5:53 pm

[quote=""annis""]Wonder if this will be available outside the US? Overdrive for Kindle isn't, which constantly thwarts readers who want to use our libraries' e-book lending console but only have a Kindle.[/quote]

I know, I wish they would sort that out. I use overdrive on my Kindle Fire at the moment, but much prefer to read on my Kindle e-reader. I was happy to see the Overdrive app is available on many tablet devices though, because there are audio books available too.
Last edited by Lisa on Sun January 26th, 2014, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “E-Readers and E-Book Issues”