Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Book shopping online from _Canada_

For discussion about particular book sellers (brick-and-mortar bookstores, online book sellers, auction sites, swap sites, etc.)
Baylou
Scribbler
Currently reading: The Cottingley Secret by Hazel Gaynor
Interest in HF: I’ve always loved fiction and history, so historical fiction is my happy reading zone. I think the books that cemented hist fic as my favourite were Random Passage and Waiting for Time by Bernice Morgan. I have a special interest in: WWII, Ireland, England, Italy, Canada (especially Newfoundland and Labrador), women’s history/herstory and folklore.
Favourite HF book: Can’t pick one. Recently enjoyed The Good People by Hannah Kent.
Preferred HF: I have a special interest in WWII period, especially relating to women’s history, codebreaking work, Bletchley Park. I tend to most enjoy literary fiction rather than comercial or popular fiction, but read a range.

Book shopping online from _Canada_

Post by Baylou » Mon December 18th, 2017, 1:37 am

If live in Canada and buy books (new or used) online (especially physical books rather than ebooks), which online sellers do you recommend for decent selection and good value - factoring in shipping cost, customs or any other fees?

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Re: Book shopping online from _Canada_

Post by Misfit » Mon December 18th, 2017, 1:31 pm

I generally go through Amazon for used books, mostly out of habit and I'm already logged in. Most used sellers seem to list their items on Amazon, and while the price may vary by a few pennies, they mostly stick to the standard $3.99 shipping charge, even when coming from the UK. I don't know how it works in Canada.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Return to “Book Sellers/Traders”