Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Book Sale Finder

For discussion about particular book sellers (brick-and-mortar bookstores, online book sellers, auction sites, swap sites, etc.)
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Book Sale Finder

Post by Misfit » Thu May 10th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Enter if you dare... ;) :p :)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Thu May 10th, 2012, 10:47 pm

I always list my library's sale on that site. Not many people travel out to our neck of the woods to buy books, though.

I have fond memories of the huge library sales in Connecticut. If anyone's in the area of Newtown, CT, in July, this one is excellent. I've been there many times.

The Czar
Reader

Post by The Czar » Thu May 24th, 2012, 2:40 am

Thanks! There are 2 local libraries having sales soon, I'm gonna go scope it out.
Whoever wishes to foresee the future must consult the past; for human events ever resemble those of preceding times. This arises from the fact that they are produced by men who ever have been, and ever shall be, animated by the same passions, and thus they necessarily have the same results.

rockygirl
Avid Reader

Post by rockygirl » Wed June 6th, 2012, 1:38 am

[quote=""Misfit""]Enter if you dare... ;) :p :) [/quote]

Great site, thanks for posting!

The Czar
Reader

Post by The Czar » Sat June 16th, 2012, 5:28 pm

I just went to a library sale from the site you posted... OMG! $5.00 a bag (large paper shopping bag) for as many books as you can cram in there!

I cleaned out the ancient history shelf. Got me some Caesar, Plutarch, Tacitus, Plato... ended up with about 25 books for $5.

I will be a regular at area library sales. My wife has a mixed reaction... on the one hand, more books. On the other hand, less money for them. So its a lose/win for her. :D
Whoever wishes to foresee the future must consult the past; for human events ever resemble those of preceding times. This arises from the fact that they are produced by men who ever have been, and ever shall be, animated by the same passions, and thus they necessarily have the same results.

Return to “Book Sellers/Traders”