Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Amazon swallows Book Depository

For discussion about particular book sellers (brick-and-mortar bookstores, online book sellers, auction sites, swap sites, etc.)
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun June 23rd, 2013, 9:24 pm

Interesting, I wandered over to Amazon.ca and TSQ is listed there with a preorder date of 7/15, even the Kindle edition with pricing. Susan, you want to see if it will let you buy it?

Hmph, I think there's something dodgy and I suspect they don't want the free shipping for the US citizens. Click on the attachment to see what I get when I go to your BD link Annis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Sun June 23rd, 2013, 11:07 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]Interesting, I wandered over to Amazon.ca and TSQ is listed there with a preorder date of 7/15, even the Kindle edition with pricing. Susan, you want to see if it will let you buy it? [/quote]

I could sign in using my amazon.com account, but when I went to buy the Kindle version, it wouldn't let me.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun June 23rd, 2013, 11:41 pm

[quote=""Susan""]I could sign in using my amazon.com account, but when I went to buy the Kindle version, it wouldn't let me.[/quote]

I see why it was letting me. I haven't been to .ca in ages and I'd changed email accounts. Now the pricing is hidden from me.

I do wonder why they have to be so territorial with the ebook versions. It's not like we can buy a US based copy at this time :o

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Mon June 24th, 2013, 3:57 am

Can I just ask how much is The Summer Queen on kindle for US readers?

It is $21.38 for Australians! (Publisher set price). Her next most expensive is $13.88, but the prices are all different.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon June 24th, 2013, 10:17 am

I don't believe US readers will be able to purchase the UK kindle version, only when it comes out next year via Sourcebooks.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Mon June 24th, 2013, 6:59 pm

Posted by Amanda
Can I just ask how much is The Summer Queen on kindle for US readers
Amanda, I grabbed a Kindle copy of SQ from Amazon.com for the standard US$9.99, and as far as I can tell it's still available.

KIndle editions from Amazon UK are a no-go for those of us living in Australasia.

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Mon June 24th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Amanda, as Misfit said SQ is not yet available in the USA and according to EC it will not be available until next summer. On amazon.com, we can only see a link "available from these sellers" which are private sellers getting the book from the UK.

Annis, I am confused! What country are you from?
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Mon June 24th, 2013, 9:06 pm

I'm from New Zealand, Susan.

I've never tried a screen cap before, Misfit, but here goes. Can't work out how to thumbnail it, I'm afraid.

This is the page for SQ on BD.com, as I see it today. I imagine BD.com accesses its stock from the UK.

Last edited by annis on Mon June 24th, 2013, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Mon June 24th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Thanks, Annis! It sounds a bit conspiratorial that a hardcover book is "unavailable" for those with an American IP.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon June 24th, 2013, 11:32 pm

[quote=""Susan""]Thanks, Annis! It sounds a bit conspiratorial that a hardcover book is "unavailable" for those with an American IP.[/quote]

Kinda curious how they do that and avoid the free shipping. @ Annis, thanks for the screen shot, I can clip it from here.

Return to “Book Sellers/Traders”